Who here is fully enlightened?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
DWBH1953

Re: Who here is fully enlightened?

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:03 am

premiumphoto wrote:I'm not trying to bait anyone. I am just curious. And is there anyone we know of that became enlightened (other than ET's partner) by reading and studying Eckhart?
Well I am certainly awakened, however do not ever make a statement like that on the NOW board which I found to be very toxic filled with dark ego sided folks that just like to play silly games instead of being real. Whew happy to get rid of that now back to the topic I really agree the word fully does make a limit to enlightenment. I believe that everyone on the face of the earth has had experiences in awakening without exceptions. I believe that many just do not see it for what it is when it happens. It is really no big deal, think about it this way if our real reality is Oneness and that is who we truly are look at how hard our ego works to make us think otherwise. So when we just relax, stop and do nothing it is only natural that our real side shines through. It may not be all the fireworks that your mind wants you to believe. Awakening is very ordinary. What is not ordinary and takes amazing effort is to believe that we are separate, that we are a person!
Peace
Randji
Last edited by DWBH1953 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

EvB

Post by EvB » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:52 am

DWBH1953 wrote: I really agree the word fully does make a limit to enlightenment. I believe that everyone on the face of the earth has had experiences in awakening without exceptions. I believe that many just do not see it for what it is when it happens. It is really no big deal, think about this way if our real realitly is Oneness and that is who we truly are look at how hard our ego works to make us think otherwise. So when we just relax, stop and do nothing it is only natural that our real side shines through. It may not be all the fireworks that your mind wants you to believe. Awakening is very ordinary. What is not ordinary and takes amazing effort is to believe that we are seperate, that we are a person!
Peace
Randji
That is very well said, Randji. Thank you.

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:00 am

EvB wrote:
DWBH1953 wrote: I really agree the word fully does make a limit to enlightenment. I believe that everyone on the face of the earth has had experiences in awakening without exceptions. I believe that many just do not see it for what it is when it happens. It is really no big deal, think about this way if our real realitly is Oneness and that is who we truly are look at how hard our ego works to make us think otherwise. So when we just relax, stop and do nothing it is only natural that our real side shines through. It may not be all the fireworks that your mind wants you to believe. Awakening is very ordinary. What is not ordinary and takes amazing effort is to believe that we are seperate, that we are a person!
Peace
Randji
That is very well said, Randji. Thank you.
You welcome EvB nice to see you again..
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

moonmissy

Post by moonmissy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:52 am

No one is fully enlightened....because nobody is here! :o)
Before and after there exist not one
Why attachments?

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:47 am

moonmissy wrote:No one is fully enlightened....because nobody is here! :o)
Agreed and you can also say no one is enlighten because no one is here, I often say this but that answer would not germaine to the first question or maybe it just would..
When you think about it if you just take a few of the non duality truths then there would be absolutly nothing ever to say about anything, nothing ever to do and no one to do nothing with..now wheres the fun with that but it is the truth! So to have fun we have to lie our asses off bigtime and then argue which lie is more correct! ahh the fun of a teaching that words can never do it justice..keeps us all playing around with silly games all full of crap!
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:41 pm

premiumphoto wrote:I'm not trying to bait anyone. I am just curious. And is there anyone we know of that became enlightened (other than ET's partner) by reading and studying Eckhart?
Fully Enlightened means becoming a Buddha in Buddhism and becoming a Avatar in Hinduism. There is no equivalent in Monotheism religion.

Buddha taught there are four different of enlightenment manifestations: 1) One is enlightened by following the Teaching of Enlightenment which is taught by Enlightened people. 2) One is enlightened through life experiences. 3) Incarnation of a Buddha. 4) One becomes a Buddha.

According to this, ET seems to be case 2).

Those who realize ET as a Teacher of Enlightenment is enlightened more or less.

pieutr

Post by pieutr » Wed May 13, 2009 6:12 am

"To only thing that you need to reach enlightement is to give up the idea that you are not" - Ramana Maharshi
and I would add : "and the idea that you can be".

There is no such "state of enlightement"

energybeing

Post by energybeing » Fri May 15, 2009 12:32 am

Hello everyone.

Also like most people have awake moments but the most profound (and i know i shouldn't judge or measure) one lasted about a day and a half. I was reading a book about buddhism and the nobel eightfold path when i read one sentence that... can only describe the feeling as opening or the "lights" going on. Everything seemed brighter... more apparant, i couldn't stop smiling, very aware of my breathing and then for the next day and a half i felt this wonderful "hollow, weightlessness" this might sound weird but it felt like i was standing in the ocean and as the current of the life flowed (normally) past me went right through me... body,emotion and mind had no resistance to what ever was happening or being said i was free...

Well thats what i experienced. Oh yea the sentence was something like... life can only be found in the present moment not five seconds into the past or five seconds into the future... can't remember the whole one but yea... this is the part that did it for me. I didn't even finish the book lol.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri May 15, 2009 7:03 am

I had a very similar experience with a very similar sentence in ET's PON. But it lasted about six months!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

RCharles

Post by RCharles » Fri May 15, 2009 7:47 am

I make no claims to enlightenment or any other state that sounds like an accomplishment. I still have plenty of ego struggling for control. But there is also great peace, a lot of joy (not perfect but frequent), and experiences of oneness, God, Big Mind. It's all so good. I am so grateful to Eckhart especially, and Katie, Adyashanti...and of course, God. Almost forgot you all here too. We help each other tremendously. :D

RC
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Fri May 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Sorry to be a partypooper, but I'm afraid the question is wrong.
There seems to be no more -Who- when enlightenment is shining.
---ooOoo---

energybeing

Post by energybeing » Fri May 15, 2009 10:47 pm

RCharles you have described exactly to a tee what my day is like aswell.

I agree with your post :)

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Sat May 16, 2009 1:50 am

I had a friend who was enlightened, he really was. I've met no one like him. He was nothing like Tolle or Adya, not dreamy or spacey, he was just so real. So honest, this guy was like the ideal human being. Think of a dog in human form. An incredibly admirable human being. In a way he reminded me of Santiago from The Old Man and The Sea. There was always this air of sadness he carried with him, the most beautiful sadness. He killed himself just about a week ago. I'll never forget him.

goman87

Post by goman87 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:19 am

OneLove wrote:I had a friend who was enlightened, he really was. I've met no one like him. He was nothing like Tolle or Adya, not dreamy or spacey, he was just so real. So honest, this guy was like the ideal human being. Think of a dog in human form. An incredibly admirable human being. In a way he reminded me of Santiago from The Old Man and The Sea. There was always this air of sadness he carried with him, the most beautiful sadness. He killed himself just about a week ago. I'll never forget him.
Huh that's really upsetting. I'm trying to understand what you feel enlightenment means. Is it with no belief? Only the true reality?

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Sat May 16, 2009 10:16 pm

goman87 wrote:Huh that's really upsetting. I'm trying to understand what you feel enlightenment means. Is it with no belief? Only the true reality?
I don't really know what your getting at but yeah, he fit the descriptions. Compassion, grace, good on his feet. It seemed unquestionable and frankly I didn't care to ask. If enlightenment was something more than what he was I'd be awfully surprised.