Who here is fully enlightened?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
karmarider

Re: Who here is fully enlightened?

Post by karmarider » Tue May 26, 2009 3:04 am

Honestly, I don't see this video as very realistic. I don't see people going from "fuck you" to "let me tell my life story" just because they have been called "brother."

In fact, in my experience, people often get far more threatened in the presence of an awakened person.

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Tue May 26, 2009 7:28 am

He seems pretty normal. You say your making a movie on him>?

CamPaz

Post by CamPaz » Tue May 26, 2009 9:47 pm

OneLove wrote:He seems pretty normal. You say your making a movie on him>?
I am creating a YouTube show where I hang out with awakened teachers and try to get a sense of their everyday selves. Jim is a normal guy, but he is also fully awakened. That is why he is perfect for my show.

I will be making more episodes with him and hopefully some other teachers as well.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed May 27, 2009 4:28 pm

About a year ago I got into a hissy fit with Eric Putkonen about him being "truly" awakened or not. Then I calmed down. His site (http://www.awaken2life.org/) has some very helpful podcasts (about 45 and counting). Eric is awakened enough for me. :) One if his more interesting ones is on reincarnation.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Thu May 28, 2009 5:51 am

CamPaz wrote:I am creating a YouTube show where I hang out with awakened teachers and try to get a sense of their everyday selves. Jim is a normal guy, but he is also fully awakened. That is why he is perfect for my show.
But they're just normal guys just like you or me. I'm sure they don't live their lives any differently than you or I do. Interviewing these guys just seems like an effort to glorify enlightenment as some sort of super human achievement. In fact, in terms of achievement, I think enlightened people are probably at the level of welfare bums.

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Thu May 28, 2009 5:55 am

karmarider wrote:Honestly, I don't see this video as very realistic. I don't see people going from "fuck you" to "let me tell my life story" just because they have been called "brother."
I dunno if that guy was really even legit or not.

CamPaz

Post by CamPaz » Thu May 28, 2009 6:18 am

OneLove wrote:But they're just normal guys just like you or me. I'm sure they don't live their lives any differently than you or I do. Interviewing these guys just seems like an effort to glorify enlightenment as some sort of super human achievement. In fact, in terms of achievement, I think enlightened people are probably at the level of welfare bums.
You're right. They are normal guys. That is what I want to show about their lives. But, I also want to give a feeling of what it is like to be in their presence (because their presence is not the same as a normal guy's), to taste enlightenment, to get a feel for it. I do think enlightenment is really cool, so I am going to put it on a pedastal, but my intention is to try to disarm the enlightened with my show. That is why I talked with Jim about the Dodgers in part 2 of the video. If I could get Eckhart on my show, I would try to be as goofy as possible, to be roudy and tell jokes and just see him for the beautiful and playful person I know he probably is.