The Biological Awakening

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
soren008

The Biological Awakening

Post by soren008 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Last edited by soren008 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ananda

Re: The Biological Awakening

Post by Ananda » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:09 am

"This awakening is ultimately - a physical process"

Ignore the words of UG.krishnamurti

in his own words

"Tell them that there is nothing to understand."

believe it if you want
but you will be deluded

UG has nothing to give, he was not teaching anything, he was an absolute nihilist
you will only be lead down a dead end with UG, I promise you
:lol:

UG was not a teacher, but a moron, talking about moronic things

whoops!

:P

18andlife

Post by 18andlife » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 am

Wow. Ananda, what did you have for breakfast this morning!?

Honestly I am not familar with UG's teachings, but based on your posts you are consistently someone to be trusted so thanks for the heads up. I'll stay clear of UG, and not comment other than to say that I think he looks good in a turtle neck.

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 pm

The Most Beautiful Moron Ever.
---ooOoo---

soren008

Post by soren008 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Last edited by soren008 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

18andlife

Post by 18andlife » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:47 pm

does anyone have anything to say not about UG?
On the level of biological awakening, it certainly is an interesting topic. I can't say that it's something which interests me to a great degree, but I have noticed a few things which clicked.

I recall the story of a Buddhist monk during a time when those "Tao of Physics" books were all the rage... Apparently this monk who was located overseas was very excited that a scientist had confirmed the teachings of "nearest-to-emptiness-dust" which the ancient Abhidharma texts discuss. The Monk and a few of his associates traveled half-way around the world to meet with the scientist who'd proved it. The Monk was squarely under the impression that if someone had proved such a thing he'd basically have to be an enlightened being and that the proof of what he'd discovered would permiate every aspect of the person's existence. Much to the monk's surprise when the Buddhist deligation arrived they quickly discovered that the scientist was an extremely unhappy person who was anything but the antithesis of enlightenment.

It's an excellent reminder that the understanding of physical/biological awakening is a totally different animal than the realization of it. It seems that compete understanding can happen without any accompning realization, and presumably complete realization can occcur without any accompaning understanding.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 am

It's an excellent reminder that the understanding of physical/biological awakening is a totally different animal than the realization of it. It seems that compete understanding can happen without any accompanying realization, and presumably complete realization can occcur without any accompanying understanding.
Yup. :) The Tao that can be spoken of is not the Tao.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

ZenCowgirl

Post by ZenCowgirl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 pm

UG did look good in a turtle neck.

I have two friends who sat with him countless times, in many places. They never spoke of what he said - only of the enormity of the silence from which he emerged when he came up from the silence to speak. When he spoke he was, as Ananda indicates, the ultimate nihilist. He would concur with Ananda's post.

His life might be more revealing than his words - he rejected his elite Indian upbringing. Perhaps a bit like a teenager, he held onto that rejection even after his "calamity." He annihilated nihilism; for some reason that remained "important" to him. His samsaras.

UG railed against all the sayings and lessons of the gentler buddhas and preferred to call "it" a calamity over which one has no control. While true it is neither gentle nor a guide - unless it is the exact thing YOU need to hear at a particular moment. All words, as Artaud pointed out, are "pig shit."

Within each of us is the power to turn ourselves inside out. Is the flame going to merge with the flame? Qui sais!? One mistake is to doubt the flame and to consider whether one's own transformation is like someone else's transformation. It's like a girl wondering if she is having an orgasm. Such consideration - or the desire or ability to measure it with a scientific instrument - is its denial, for it makes of everything-nothing a something. It takes indivisibility and separates it into something nameable.

As for UG - just look at him in a turtle neck. That is enough. Then look at Ramana, look at Mooji, look at Pappa Ji - look at so many who look back at you, as you, in love. Forget the words, forget the rulers, scales, and other measurements. Be.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Very witty, ZCg! Pig shit, indeed! I do believe, however, that there are new pathways, new neuronal frameworks created in the awakening process. The jury is back on meditation -- it does affect the brain, favorably. That's even mentioned in the recent PBS series "This Emotional Life." So how could awakening not have similar physiochemical impact? But , of course, we don't care about the finger as it points at the moon.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

soren008

Post by soren008 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm

thank Yous - all I wanted was someone else out there to concur with the strange feelings inside the brain

aurel

Post by aurel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 pm

18andlife wrote:
It's an excellent reminder that the understanding of awakening is a totally different animal than the realization of it. It seems that complete understanding can happen without any accompaning realization, and presumably complete realization can occcur without any accompaning understanding.
how true !!

thenow

Post by thenow » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:05 pm

soren008 wrote:
thank Yous - all I wanted was someone else out there to concur with the strange feelings inside the brain

Oh yes, in the process of awakening, you will definitely feel and know that you are having changes in your body and your senses. You feels happy, blissful, full of love and appreciation.

I knew something profound happened to me and I was searching for what and how. I made some discoveries and have put together studies on benefits of meditation a while ago on this site. Meditation does tremendous transformation to our body and brain.

I also put together what I have experienced during the process in another thread "symptons of awakening"

However, it also die down a bit, and then it becomes moment to moment awareness.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 pm

soren008 wrote:s"
And I have felt & can feel right now, activity in the left hemisphere of my brain
I was wondering if anyone else is having or had this feeling?
Look for activity in the right brain, I believe. Check out Jill Bolte Taylor on Ted talks: http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_tay ... sight.html
Be present, be pleasant.