It's Simpler Than You Think

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Re: It's Simpler Than You Think

Postby kiki » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:50 am

I was a TM practitioner as well KIki, reading Krishnamurti put paid to that. I wanted enlightenment not to feel more relaxed.

Interesting. I continued with TM precisely because of its promise of enlightenment. However, what I found was how the TM organization kept its followers on a never ending treadmill of "advanced" programs and techniques, all of which were quite expensive. The upshot of this was enlightenment was always kept at arm's length, a future achievement to strive for.

During this time I also read J. Krishnamurti, but I couldn't grasp what he was talking about even though I felt there was something important in his teaching. It wasn't until I came across Tolle that I understood just what enlightenment was, and it didn't line up with TM's version at all. But suddenly things clicked into focus because of Tolle, and the bonus of this was I also understood perfectly what Krishnamurti and other teachers were saying, especially Ramana Maharshi and OSHO (known in those days as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh).
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby CaiHong » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:53 am

I remember the "orange people ", in the 70s, quite radical and out there, I liked them but never joined, wasn't much of a joiner of anything.

CaiHong
CaiHong

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:23 pm

kiki wrote:
I was a TM practitioner as well KIki, reading Krishnamurti put paid to that. I wanted enlightenment not to feel more relaxed.

Interesting. I continued with TM precisely because of its promise of enlightenment. However, what I found was how the TM organization kept its followers on a never ending treadmill of "advanced" programs and techniques, all of which were quite expensive. The upshot of this was enlightenment was always kept at arm's length, a future achievement to strive for.

During this time I also read J. Krishnamurti, but I couldn't grasp what he was talking about even though I felt there was something important in his teaching. It wasn't until I came across Tolle that I understood just what enlightenment was, and it didn't line up with TM's version at all. But suddenly things clicked into focus because of Tolle, and the bonus of this was I also understood perfectly what Krishnamurti and other teachers were saying, especially Ramana Maharshi and OSHO (known in those days as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh).

A friend e-mailed me the following to this theme today: "It is important that we be aware that there are many souls incarnate who are misguided, through not having overcome selfish desires, into presenting themselves to us as Gurus and Masters and seek our allegiance and all that entails. Others have the spiritual knowledge but because they do not live that knowledge mislead themselves into using it for selfish purposes. Hence independent thought is very important. "By their actions you may judge them" and "Beware the priest who is also a businessman" is wise counsel to keep in mind.

There are others who, with the best of intentions, try to convince us that the texts on which they rely are the only true one. Sadly this ignorance demonstrates a lack of understanding of the Truth. Some present for our acceptance and salvation what may be likened to a beautiful bonsai - a plant whose shape is contrived, whose roots do not probe deeply and whose branches are low and do not reach into the ethers. In making any choices we should be aware that a rope incorrectly knotted is difficult to undo."

​From The Milk Is White.​

With love - Aquarius
aquarius123esoteric

Previous

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization