It's Simpler Than You Think

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
heidi

Re: It's Simpler Than You Think

Post by heidi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:39 pm

"You're not a wave, you're water."
Love it. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Riken

Post by Riken » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:54 pm

Sorry, I know this is quite old now, but it simply has to be bumped, brilliant post Kiki.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players"

Sufilight9

Post by Sufilight9 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:47 am

Riken wrote:Sorry, I know this is quite old now, but it simply has to be bumped, brilliant post Kiki.

Glad you resurrected this old post, as I recently joined the forum, and wouldn't have seen it. Its truly brillant. Its as if I was looking through the eyes of someone who is awakened from within the dream of life. His statement "Yes, kiki is around a lot whenever thoughts are here. Hmmmm, interesting," caught my attention. I ask myself "are we only thoughts?" And the answer is yes, but, my mind/ego doesn't believe it.
Marie
Simple kindness to one's self and all that lives is
the most powerful transformational force of all."

Dr. David R. Hawkins

heidi

Post by heidi » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 pm

"are we only thoughts?"
When I ask that I find that we are only the awareness, the space in which thoughts arise. :)
Hi Marie - Welcome to the forum!
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Sufilight9

Post by Sufilight9 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:19 pm

heidi wrote:
"are we only thoughts?"
When I ask that I find that we are only the awareness, the space in which thoughts arise. :)
Hi Marie - Welcome to the forum!
Thank you Heidi! You guys have a very aware group of posters. 8) Yes, we are awareness, in which thoughts arise, good reminder for me!
Marie
Simple kindness to one's self and all that lives is
the most powerful transformational force of all."

Dr. David R. Hawkins

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:22 am

Marie -

Congrats on moving ot Oregon to be with Phil! We do have a large number of very evolved, caring folks here. And many with very mature intellects, such as Phil. So the scholarly types negotiate fine points in the stratosphere...and kiki does that occasionally, too. But awakening is not only for the brainiacs. Kiki clears away vast swaths of shrubbery with a phrase or two. He made a huge difference for me several years ago when I arrived after a mind-crushing kensho, looking for a home.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

ashley72

Post by ashley72 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:41 am

This is a wonderful thread... I'm grateful it was bumped - so I didn't miss the message!

Mariposa

Post by Mariposa » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:55 am

perfect... :)

rontant

Post by rontant » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Thic Nhat Hanh also told a similar story about the waterfall he visited in the US. As soon as the water at the top reached the edge, they got separated into millions of individual droplets. If each droplet could think like us, he wondered how terrified he/she/it would be of the prospect of reaching the end of the existence once he/she/it reaches the bottom of the fall... a few seconds later.

Elle

Post by Elle » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Wonderful.

Yutso

Post by Yutso » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Gratitude for this post kiki.
Last edited by Yutso on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:54 am

You are most welcome, Yutso.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Testigo

Post by Testigo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am

One night, more than three years ago, while preparing myself for a good position laying down on the sofa to watch TV, almost casually I said twice ”I am” following one of the suggestions of Tolle. Very difficult to describe with words what happened then: I found myself surrounded or absorbed by a wonderful light, and a feeling of inefable peace took posession of me. I was one with that light, with the moment, with the Universe. I could feel that my concience was 100% with it, and that NOTHING around me could be more important than the experience itself. The world just ceased to exist, and for ”many hours” I enjoyed it. When finally I ”woke up”, the first thing that I realized was that the process of getting into the experience had not been concient, that is, that I got inside it gradually, in the same way one falls asleep. I felt like having been the whole night having the experience. Very soon I realized that that could not be possible: My wife was in the same room and she was still in the same place I have seen her last. I can’t say how long the experience took: It could be just a fraction of a second or perhaps a few minutes as much. I really don’t know. That experience has not been repeated, but I wrote it here to attest that in the teachings of Tolle are an inmense truth.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now

Salem

Post by Salem » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Seeing is timeless, but your first few times of seeing the obviousness will probably last only a few seconds, to use clock time language.

But it can be like a breath of fresh air: The amount of time is far outweighed by its piercing depth and innate power as everything is not illuminated in that moment, but seen as always illuminated, already enlightened, and simply as it is. Not as it "should" be because there is no one to be subjective and say "It should be this way or that way"; instead it simply is in perfection.
"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." — Meister Eckhart

Testigo

Post by Testigo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Just... Thanks. Wonderful message.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now