What's up with my dinner guests?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
Natalie

Post by Natalie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:23 pm

My mind is rambling this morning, perhaps due to too much turkey and pumpkin pie last night. Please allow me to share as I am obviously in need of clarity.

I am fully aware that my apprehensions, desires, fears, likes, dislikes and opinions are all generated by my ego; however, how else or what else, if not these emotions, can we use to make choices in this life or to calibrate our choices? Source put us on this planet for a reason. Did It not? Perhaps to give Itself the experience of our humanness or am I just an invention of my senses, or both?

“Judging” by the animated conversations of the dozen or so relatives and other dinner guests last night, it appears that I was the only person who has caught a glimpse of this self-realization deal. How in the world is this possible? Other than my 52 year old cousin in the late stages of Hepatitis C (got it from a blood transfusion in her native country 23 years ago) everyone’s dreams and hopes appeared to be intact, not shattered like my cousin’s or mine. If reincarnation does not exist, and if my dinner guests do not become self-realized before they die, what is the purpose of their existence then? Why would Source need to experience this kind of delusion through billions of humans day after day?

These questions are a source of confusion for me at times (especially this morning - I don’t remember feeling so puzzled lately). It seems that at times, I oscillate between this confusion and sitting on my couch contemplating and vegetating, not getting engaged with life. I really enjoy living in the middle of these two extremes, but it doesn’t always turn out that way.

Any thoughts?

Natalie
Last edited by Natalie on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mouse

Re: What's up with my dinner guests?

Post by Mouse » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Exactly it goes against the grain of the explanation "there is only the Source"
Why would Source need to experience this kind of delusion through billion of humans day after day?
I see it as my self is ignorant of Source. I suffer according to my ignorance of Source. The suffering produces detachment from this self in that the projected "I" starts to become more intelligent. Intelligent means ability to perceive the invisible reality, something other than my self. In this explanation I start to align my self with Source through surrender to what is. And ultimately I become one with Source.

This explains slipping back into self now and then, and being also. It is I that align my self with Source and merge, by dying as self, to realise the all encompassing reality.

To align is to surrender. To align is also to diminish emotionality and thought, the modern body of self, which are obviously not aligned with Source or stillness.

Your dinner guests are happy playing in the valley of comfort and convenience while you and I are climbing the spiritual mountain of our self.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 am

It's not surprising that that very few people who have "caught a glimpse of this self-realization deal" though I think the numbers are growing rapidly.

I also think we have to be humble enough and consider that having caught a glimpse, we still chase our tails, through meditation and conceptualizing and theorizing and spiritualizing and so on.

At some point, we actually look. When we look, we wonder why we waited so long to do the simplest in the world. Look.

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:19 pm

> Any thoughts?

Any leftovers ?
---ooOoo---

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Don't be too concerned Natalie. Reincarnation does exist, and with that factored in our world view, there comes an understanding that there is purpose to all the pain. Love unites, judgment separates. Do you homework and trust your instincts. It is what it is.

WW

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:13 pm

> Love unites, judgment separates.

Then both are equally good ?

> there is purpose to all the pain.

What purpose is there to all the pain ?
---ooOoo---

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Marcel Franke wrote:> Love unites, judgment separates.

Then both are equally good ?
What do you mean by 'good'?
> there is purpose to all the pain.

What purpose is there to all the pain ?
It seems that pain tells us we are living in sin. :wink:

WW

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:04 pm

> What do you mean by 'good'?

I dont know.
It is said that its the opposite of bad.
Seems to be the ends of the same stick.

> It seems that pain tells us we are living in sin.

Ok.
What do you think; is there a purpose to living in sin ?
---ooOoo---

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Marcel Franke wrote:> What do you mean by 'good'?

I dont know.
It is said that its the opposite of bad.
Seems to be the ends of the same stick.
I wouldn't hazard an answer to a question that's unclear. Rather than what it's said to be, what is it to you? If you want to go with the opposite of bad, then what is "bad"?
Marcel Franke wrote:> It seems that pain tells us we are living in sin.

Ok.
What do you think; is there a purpose to living in sin ?
Probably. My sense is that its purpose is educational. It certainly seems universally present in some capacity for all of us being humans.

WW

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:49 pm

> then what is "bad"?

I really dont know.

> its purpose is educational

Then whats the purpose of education ?
Never mind.
Theres no end to purposeness.
---ooOoo---

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Marcel Franke wrote:
> its purpose is educational

Then whats the purpose of education ?
Never mind.
Theres no end to purposeness.
Maybe so, but why waste a fair question?

Consider education as the path of evolution and lower entropy.

WW

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:14 pm

>Maybe so, but why waste a fair question?

Saving energy for lower entropy ?
---ooOoo---

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 pm

:D

Okay Natalie, sorry for the hijack. I think we're done now.

WW

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Natalie, have you included yourself as a dinner guest ? ... perhaps if you do, you may get some clarity.
Why would Source need to experience this kind of delusion through billion of humans day after day?
Source is not experiencing this kind of delusion, you are. Find out who this 'you' truly is.

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:28 am

Hehe
I just find it odd sometimes that it is usually people like me, with painful pasts, who are attracted to spirituality. None of the relatives and friends I spoke of seemed to have suffered. I think that's why they don't have a desire to change anything about themselves or their circumstances. It seems like suffering is a prerequisite and I can't help but wonder why would this be? I highly doubt that I would be attracted to Tolle's teaching if I didn't have a developmentally disabled daughter. That's all.

Peace