The Middle Kingdom

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
snowheight

The Middle Kingdom

Post by snowheight » Wed May 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Go to someone whom you trust in such matters and ask: “Can I find permanent and abiding inner-peace in this life?”.

If they say “Yes!”, then should you still trust them?

Between the Paradox of the mind that there is no enlightenment and Siddhattha Gotama’s final revelation that all things have Bhudda nature there is this wide, open and expansive middle-ground of clearly unconscious people, obviously enlightened teachers, cunning parasitic and dangerous charlatan’s pretending to be such, and all shapes, manner, and yes, even quantities of Presence in between.

That is where we live.

Go to someone whom you trust in such matters and ask “Can I know the Truth? Can I fully understand this Truth?”

If they say yes to the second question then withdraw your trust.

Dwarfing our lifetimes are the light years spanning solar furnaces which in turn are lillapution compared to the nearly unimaginable distances to the earliest stars of the Universe. Between that great Void and the astonishingly miniscule radius of an atomic nucleus, which in turn towers massively in the vastness of inner-space over the insurmountably tiny barrier of the Planck Length … between these extreme and finite non-absolutes lies the Middle Kingdom.

This is where we live. This blessed Middle Kingdom.

The Middle Kingdom is a place of love and hate, water and dust, Hollywood and despair, the spires of Manhattan and a rusty barely running pickup truck. It’s the place where your first and current love resides, where you have cried and where you are likely to laugh again, if not even against your own will. The Middle Kingdom is where your parents are and where you’ll find your favorite food and where the opinions of those you will detest are spoken in voices that grate like nails on a chalkboard. Turn on a TV in the Middle Kingdom and it won’t take long for you to see an image of someone you (yes YOU!) will find sexy. It is a place of puppies and kittens and lambs and butterflies and honeybees. It is also a place where it is yet to be seen whether or not the horror of War is inevitable.

Go to someone whom you trust in such matters and ask: “Can I know if what I do is from Presence?”

Know your place as you hear the answer. Know your place here, under sweet blue skies with a smiling yellow face which can be obscured by sometimes angry blue and white masks which dole out death and life, but in unequal measure. Know your place when you hear this answer as a being that can give consciousness to dust. Know your place here as companion to the trees and the mountains and the rivers and all creatures fierce and fuzzy.

As you listen to the answer to the question: “Can I know if what I do is from Presence?”, know your place here, with us, in the enchanted Middle Kingdom.

If you are given an answer to this question which you do not feel then you don’t need my advice on how to react. If you are given an answer which you understand then you understand absolutely nothing.

This is where we live, where absolutes are rarely useful, and where the uncertainty bourn of the stability gifted by isolation from those near absolutes of seemingly-large and seemingly-small is the only true haven in which one might find comfort.

This is where we live, in this blessed Middle Kingdom, where Enlightenment truly does have meaning.

Ask yourself one last question. Ask yourself whether or not the meaning of Enlightenment has great impact in our every-day walk, our routine talk, the sound of the change in our pockets, the breadth of our smiles, the volume of our voices in our objection to cruelty, and the intensity of our awareness and commitment to the ones we love.

Don’t ask this of anyone else, whether you trust them or not, as you can at best merely understand the answer.

It is here, in this sublime Middle Kingdom … it is here where the person who you will have loved the most during the span of your life will be or will have been on the day of your death.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Ralph

Re: The Middle Kingdom

Post by Ralph » Wed May 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Go to someone whom you trust in such matters and ask: “Can I find permanent and abiding inner-peace in this life?”.

Go to someone whom you trust in such matters and ask “Can I know the Truth? Can I fully understand this Truth?”
Well, here is one such teacher that does just that... can you trust this one ? ... I say yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxSjHk_q ... 7DCA27C006

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Wed May 18, 2011 11:41 pm

Ralph wrote:
snowheight wrote:Go to someone whom you trust in such matters and ask: “Can I find permanent and abiding inner-peace in this life?”.

Well, here is one such teacher that does just that... can you trust this one ? ... I say yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxSjHk_q ... 7DCA27C006
Ralph,

First of all, thank you for posting that. The love which emanates from Mooji is always very moving and in this one it is just so so strong.
Mooji (at 2:00) wrote:You are that itself which is timeless, indestructible, undying, eternal, pure, free, and if I didn’t think that it was possible for you to see this like I see it and I am then I would not come here.
So he does not answer "Yes!" to the second question in that paragraph:
snowheight wrote:Can I fully understand this Truth?
.... which was not about seeing (or knowing or feeling) the Truth, but about UNDERSTANDING it.

I gave no commentary on the first question of that 2nd paragraph:
snowheight wrote:Can I know the Truth?
Can you guess what I would say to that?

As far as the first question in the first paragraph :
snowheight wrote:“Can I find permanent and abiding inner-peace in this life?”
Did I suggest an answer? ... read carefully ... the reason I followed up with a question instead of suggesting a reaction to the answer is because I'm really in no position to answer that question. Mooji does though.

The questioner says:
questioner wrote:I know that you can see it, but is it possible to live it?
Mooji wrote: No … there is nobody who can live it … there is noone who can live it because in the seeing of it there is nobody there to live it …
He goes on to talk about the folly of doership.

So re-read that first question again, then contemplate Mooji's answer. Am I going to type here and challenge the permanent enlightenment of Mooji's guru? ... as 'Jen would say .... "pffffft!" ... but it seems Mooji himself would say that there was no Ramana to live an enlightened life.

One important point in the first post is that while we can recognize the concept of the fallacy of a doer, and feel the truth of this with direct experience, we are left with the elephant in the room of knowing for certain whether that fallacy is truly felt in every instant of our remaining lives. Do you wear a wristwatch?

I love the Paradox of how Mooji states the fact that his teacher was Ramana Maharishi's pupil ... do you see this paradox Ralph?
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Ralph

Post by Ralph » Thu May 19, 2011 1:13 am

snowheight wrote:
I love the Paradox of how Mooji states the fact that his teacher was Ramana Maharishi's pupil ... do you see this paradox Ralph?
The paradox is there if seen from the viewpoint of the ego mind but as Mooji says "there is noone to live it" so where is the paradox when seen from this view ?
Mooji wrote:
No … there is nobody who can live it … there is noone who can live it because in the seeing of it there is nobody there to live it …
this is a very powerful pointer. ... is the paradox still there when seen from this viewpoint ?

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu May 19, 2011 1:23 am

Ralph wrote:
snowheight wrote:
The paradox is there if seen from the viewpoint of the ego mind but as Mooji says "there is noone to live it" so where is the paradox when seen from this view ?
Mooji wrote:
No … there is nobody who can live it … there is noone who can live it because in the seeing of it there is nobody there to live it …
this is a very powerful pointer. ... is the paradox still there when seen from this viewpoint ?
There is no paradox felt when Mooji folds up the pictures of his guru and his guru's guru and tells us that there is nobody there to live it.

Mooji, however, tells a story and relates a timeline ... "my guru" ... would he be as well-known if he had had a different guru?

Those manifestations, these questions, the paradox, they are not the product of a mind, they just are. Yes, they are perceived with the mind, but turning off the switch does not make the light bulb disappear. The thoughts arise. The illusory ego creates nothing.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:30 am

Well almost a year in from writing this there are two threads that I wanted to link it to.

The first (at as long as ABC news keeps this link up), is a wonderful interactive demonstration of the place of the "Middle Kingdom".

The second is a cross-link, and is perhaps a richer treatment of the Paradox that was referenced in the original post.