Question for long term Tolle students

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Re: Question for long term Tolle students

Postby steve Davidson » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks Andy. Do you have a link either on here, in a previous thread, or some outside source where I can read more about what you just shared about Tolles personal life after his awakening. It sounds like fascinating, interesting reading. Or a link to a youtube where he discusses this. Thanks.
steve Davidson

Postby Sighclone » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:11 am

A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby runstrails » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 am

Hi Steve,

Welcome and great question in the OP.

I enjoyed Tolle for a long time. However, I felt I was not getting the whole story with him. So I drifted to traditional Vedanta and that helped answer my remaining doubts and questions. Interestingly, once you understand the big picture, you realize how spot on Tolle was in the first place. You are the eternal 'now' and as a person it's best to be in the 'now' so that through life's ups and downs you abide in your true nature, untouched by it all. And that indeed is the power of now.

Tolle's simplicity is remarkably effective.
runstrails

Postby rachMiel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 pm

> Tolle's simplicity is remarkably effective.

Yes! It is largely for this reason, his unadorned undramatic simplicity, that buncha Krishnamurtians and Buddhists I know denigrate Tolle, think of him as a lightweight. For me, it's pretty much the opposite. To be able to point clearly and simply and consistently to that which is, ultimately, unfathomable ... it's a great gift, and an indication to me that he truly "gets it."

Tolle is a guy you come back to when you grow weary of the strictures and rigamarole of traditional dharma teachings.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Previous

Return to Questions