Help with Anxiety when present

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Help with Anxiety when present

Postby Tomm2096 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 pm

I have had generalized anxiety for past year. I have recently been using tolles methods to improve this but am having difficulty. The only time I escape my anxiety is when I am in unconscious thought. When I choose to be in the now all my triggers are magnified and the anxiety arises. I try my best to accept and allow this, sometimes even sitting for hours at a time with this sensation just feeling and not resisting. However it just gets stronger and more panicky til I feel I can't handle , and it leaves me feeling very sensitized and anxious for the next few hours/ days. the only way I can return back to being calmer and less sensitized is to move out of the now and focus on something else. Any idea why? Am I not accepting fully? Thanks
Tomm2096

Re: Help with Anxiety when present

Postby dijmart » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:48 am

I think you should read this article-
https://www.google.com/amp/thepowerofid ... ssion/amp/
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby insanepenguin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:27 am

insanepenguin

Postby dijmart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:45 pm

insanepenguin wrote:That URL didn't work for me - is it this one http://thepowerofideas.ideapod.com/eckhart-tolle-reveals-best-strategy-deal-anxiety-depression/

Maybe? ..that was over a month ago.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Mystic » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:31 am

Tomm2096 wrote:I have had generalized anxiety for past year. I have recently been using tolles methods to improve this but am having difficulty. The only time I escape my anxiety is when I am in unconscious thought. When I choose to be in the now all my triggers are magnified and the anxiety arises. I try my best to accept and allow this, sometimes even sitting for hours at a time with this sensation just feeling and not resisting. However it just gets stronger and more panicky til I feel I can't handle , and it leaves me feeling very sensitized and anxious for the next few hours/ days. the only way I can return back to being calmer and less sensitized is to move out of the now and focus on something else. Any idea why? Am I not accepting fully? Thanks

Sitting for hours at a time will definitely bring anxieties and fears to the surface of your conscious awareness. Agitation, anxiety, and other negative feelings will appear to be magnified, yes. Too much too soon can lead to grouchiness that interferes with your daily routine.

Sometimes it helps to build up your meditation practice gradually, starting out with 10-15 minutes of awareness practice, focusing on the breath, in the morning and the evening.

During the day if you notice the voice in the head pulling you into unconsciousness and negative feelings, you can become instantly present for a few seconds. No need to try too hard at first.

I am discovering that the alert stillness is the Source of inspiration ...and knowledge as inner knowings. :D
Mystic

Return to Questions