Painbody looking at you.

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Loffe

Painbody looking at you.

Post by Loffe » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 am

Within the last three months, I encountered a couple of times when peoples painbody looks at me with confusion. It's rather funny, painbody freezes in unnatural pose and looks like: this guy can't be trusted. Has it happened to anyone else or is it something I perceive thru my ego?

Webwanderer

Re: Painbody looking at you.

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Loffe wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 am
...is it something I perceive thru my ego?
How does it make you feel? If it hurts you, it's likely ego. If you find judgment in it, that's likely ego too. If it's anything other than a curiosity and an understanding appreciation, it's likely ego. All that said, there is nothing wrong with ego. One might consider it 'original sin' in that it's pretty much ubiquitous throughout the human race.

Ego is identification with thought constructs of life and self. Once one recognizes the nature of ego, it becomes somewhat manageable as a vehicle for human life experience. Well, manageable to an extent anyway. Some are better at it than others, but most anyone can make good use of the information once it's clear.

WW

Loffe

Re: Painbody looking at you.

Post by Loffe » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Those were more like observations, no particular feeling. Now when I look back they seem to be a little bit funny. It could be ego who is not getting the usual response as well.