Does my dream mean anything?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
opal-aletheia

Does my dream mean anything?

Post by opal-aletheia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:48 pm

Hello everyone!

I had a strange dream a few nights ago: I dreamt that I was experiencing a lot of fear. The world around me wasn’t moving but in my head it’s like an earthquake was taking place. I felt like I was being sucked into something and I couldn’t escape its pull. This strange sensation was probably why I was so scared. I put my hands on my head, bracing myself and waiting for it to stop. I heard a voice tell me not to resist so I got on the floor and went into child’s pose. I tried surrendering to the feeling and I’m not sure if I was successful. I can’t remember what happened after that as this dream took place two nights ago. Something else that was strange was the point of view in the dream. It would go back and forth between me watching myself have this experience and my dream self’s perspective of feeling this happen. Also, it didn’t take place in my bedroom or house or anywhere that I’ve been before. It took place in a living room (it looked like one) and I looked older than I am now (I’m a young adult).

Any ideas as to if this dream means anything or what it might mean? Thanks.

Webwanderer

Re: Does my dream mean anything?

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Generally speaking, dreams reflect symbolically events and concerns from our daily lives. What's going on in your life that makes you feel you're being pushed to do something that you don't want to do? Compare that with your thoughts about it from a philosophical point of view about not resisting things.

Again, generally speaking, resistance creates stress and can often show up in dreams. That said, it doesn't mean you should role over for something you think is not in your best interests. It just means to approach concerns tactically.

Welcome to the forum.

WW