Now vs. Plans - Conflicting

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Learner

Now vs. Plans - Conflicting

Post by Learner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm finding that I am having a slight conflict between planning and hanging out with people and being in the now. What is mean is this: Let's say on Thursday I make plans to hang out with my friend Sarah on Friday night after work. However, when Friday night comes along, during my last hour of work... I no longer want to hang out... I'm in a mood to go home and play my guitar... At that moment, my desire is to go home and play the guitar instead of hang out with Sarah. However, when I made plans to hang out with Sarah, at that separate moment, I was in the mood to hang out with her.

This happens with me a lot. Me and friends will plan something and then when it comes time to hang out, many times, I'm just not in the mood. I'm either tired, don't want to drive, or am in the mood to do something else...

But if I stop making plans altogether, I'll never do anything with anyone unless it is completely spur the moment which is rare in this day and age.

In fact, lately I've lost quite a bit of interest in hanging out with people in general... Many times, I just don't see the point. And it's strange because tradiationally, I'm a very social person. In fact, if the people in my life even read this, they'd say "HUHHH???" haha. But it's true, sometimes I just LOVE getting engrossed into activities alone like playing my guitar or video games.

Any tips for me? Thanks!

Kutso

Re: Now vs. Plans - Conflicting

Post by Kutso » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 am

Go with what you want.
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

Ziendus

Re: Now vs. Plans - Conflicting

Post by Ziendus » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 pm

> Any tips for me?

You mean, another plan ?
---ooOoo---