lack of life energy

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
fortune

lack of life energy

Post by fortune » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:04 am

I feel like i have no energy including motivation in life, passion and even sex drive. I'm young and i'm nothing like other people my age. I kind of feel like my chakra's are closed or something like that. I used to be a very motivated person but now i dont feel any life energy flowing through me but saying that maybe my past motivations were egoic. I feel like spirit doesn't tend to be motivated as it's satisfied with the present moment. Maybe i just need to accept that i'm different to others and pay more attention to spirituality i don't know. It's not that i want to fit in it's just when your different to everyone you go it alone.

I don't know if i've made any sense but what i'm trying to say is i feel i don't have any motivation and passion anymore and i'm kind of confused because i dont feel it but at the same time i'm not sad about it, if i ever get sad it's because my mind is very active or i'm afraid of nothingness.

A few examples would be
* I desire relationships but when i get the chance for them i don't feel anything and realize it's not going to satisfy me
*Low sex drive
*Lack of motivation
*lack of enthusiasm for events

My egoic common motivations aren't satisfying for me anymore and without them i don't know how i can live life without a goal or at least something to drive me. I'm getting to that point in life where my ego is weakening and it's causing alot of distress in my body and emotions.

tod

Re: lack of life energy

Post by tod » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:31 am

fortune wrote:My egoic common motivations aren't satisfying for me anymore and without them i don't know how i can live life without a goal or at least something to drive me. I'm getting to that point in life where my ego is weakening and it's causing alot of distress in my body and emotions.
What is causing the distress is an idea/thought (ego) hanging on to an idea/thought that an idea/thought is someone/something (you). You are attempting to maintain an idea/thought of yourself as yourself. You are not an idea/thought, and so you cannot be truly defined, described, maintained as one.

This does not mean that you do not eat meals, maintain normal life relationships, smile at life...

With best wishes,

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:53 am

* I desire relationships but when i get the chance for them i don't feel anything and realize it's not going to satisfy me
Well there's a confusion - using 'something/someone' as a means to an end.
Relationships are about relating... not satisfying you.''

Life energy has to have somewhere to go if it's going to flow through you - if it's to 'nothing' it will stay where it is, why bother flowing through you?

You turned life 'down', you can turn it back up again any time you like.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

ckff93

Post by ckff93 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:55 am

I don't have an answer for you, but I can tell you you are not alone. I am going through the exact same thing right now.

Perhaps we have created so much space inside so quickly that the divine energy (reiki words) haven't had time to fill us up again.

Let me know how it goes for you.

david62

Post by david62 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 pm

So much of what is in ET's writings is a very practical guide to day to day life as a human. There are many reasons for a lack of energy/motivation to do the things we want/need to do. I have struggled with this for as long as I can remember but these books contain real tools for overcoming it. So, instead of saying what the things are that drain energy and motivation, think about it feels like to have that drive. It feels like being completely in the now and focusing on as many tasks as you can in the present...which is ONE. Oftentimes there is some undesirable but necessary task that I am avoiding and it is in the back of my mind...this can make it hard to focus on anything else and can be a real drain. Or maybe there are a number of things that I want to do and I am thinking about all of them at once...another big drain. Pick one thing and do it. Instead of yearning for a bolt of enlightenment, we should focus on bringing these concepts into the lives that we are leading and then see where it takes us. I have a lot to do every day. I want to start my day by surrendering to the need to perform the single most pressing task, and that task alone, as early as I can in the day. The task is what it is; it needs to be done. If doing it causes me emotional pain, then I will take a bit of time to stop and allow that pain to fully be in my consciousness. Sometimes, in doing so, I can see a connection to past events, memories, that caused me pain. I just give it as much emotional room as it wants. Sometimes I can feel Being kind of dissolving it away. I does not necessarily all go away at once, but over time it steadily diminishes. I think a good practice is to start most days by reading a few pages of one of ET's books. New gems about day to day life appear all the time as I read and then re-read them. Pick one thing and then do it.

xpansion

Post by xpansion » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 am

My own experience.I felt like this for a long time but recently I have felt a shift. I believe the reason that I felt so lacking in energy was definitely because of the unconscious story I was telling myself about how I "should" be.
There was a sense that I had to be somebody and get somewhere, to make it in life. Now I feel like i am beginning surrendering this concept, because that's all it is, a concept. It has done me no good but made me unhappy my entire life. None of that stuff is who I truly am despite societal and cultural expectations. If I go through my life and never have a dream career or make money it no longer bothers me. My happiness and joy is here now, not at some point in the future that doesn't exist when I have the job or the relationship etc etc. Try accepting those things in your list instead of seeing them as a problem. Lack of sex drive is only a problem if you have a "should" attached to it. Lack of motivation is only a problem if you have a thought that tells you you "should be motivated" etc . If you really believe that being motivated and driven sexually are important to you then accept them as they are now and find ways to change them in a non attached unemotional way. For example, when I exercise 9 times out of 10 I do not feel motivated even though I have exercised for years. However, I do not allow this feeling to stop me doing it. I just feel it, I groan a bit inside, I recognise the pattern and then I just put on my trainers and go. After decades of exercising I can tell you there has not been a single moment that I regretted doing it. Have you ever heard anyone say after they exercised "oh I really wish I didn't do that"? It never happens because the benefits of carrying through despite how shit you might feel inside are always worth it. You can apply this to any area of your life. Sex is very similar especially in a long term relationship. It requires mental effort but is worth it because it can bring us closer to our partner. Everything that you really really want to do in your life there is going to be an inner struggle because changing is difficult. Our egos want us to stay stuck in old dysfunctional patterns because although it's painful, it's more comfortable than change. Keep nudging and encouraging yourself gently, kindly like a child. When you feel that sense of lack, dread, flatness, take the action anyway. You won't regret it.

evelynd

Post by evelynd » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:08 am

Look up Dark Night of the Soul Eckhart Tolle. I know exactly where you are. Been there.

kafi

Post by kafi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi,
I went through this phase, too. It was when ego was phasing out and before source was phasing in.
I found the following text helpful ( at the very bottom, "When this point of development comes ...")
http://heavenlydesigns.homestead.com/fi ... m51990.htm

It is a channeled text, from Raj (aka Jesus, channeled by Paul Tuttle ).

iamishulewis

Post by iamishulewis » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:36 am

Sometime we need motivations to grow up.
so, here is a life changing video I Will Win.