I am a robot

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
SirNikalot

I am a robot

Post by SirNikalot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 am

These past few days I feel like I have been an emotionless, stone cold robot who shares absolutely no compassion and warmth towards other people. I don't know if there is something wrong with me or something wrong with them, but judging by the facial expressions of a vast amount of people that I have come into contact with, I have come to conclusion that I must be doing something wrong.

I have this mentality that is like, "if you can't get on my level then get the fuck out of my way. I'm here for one thing and one thing only, and that's to get my shit done, if you have a problem with that then fuck you." I feel like I have a very low tolerance for what I see as bullshit, and unfortunately see it in a lot of places.

Some of you may be able to relate and may be able to explain to me why is this occurring? I have my own theory as to what motivates this thought process, but I would like to hear some answers on your side.

smiileyjen101

Re: I am a robot

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:51 am

" I'm here for one thing and one thing only, and that's to get my shit done,
Robots don't consider their (bull)shit any more important than anyone else's.

Reconsider your position.
Last edited by smiileyjen101 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

SirNikalot

Post by SirNikalot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:53 am

that was quick.

How is that supposed to be helpful though?

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:09 am

HI Sirnik,
It interestingly (your post) came just a second after I'd been pondering something I'd earlier posted and whether or not a clear example of the importance was needed.. wait I'll clip it out here
The more 'layers' of form and illusion we cover ourselves in, the more 'density' we create in and of our vibration, and the more likely we are to 'forget' both who we really are, and who others really are... (specific in this topic http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... 103#p87103 )

...But it's not just 'big ticket items' it's not just your family, friends, lovers etc it is every single encounter. If you knew how precious every single encounter is, you would never 'day dream' your way through life again. You would 'pay attention' you would 'feel the resonances' you would consciously select options, you would look into the eyes of every stranger and every feeling knowing ... like you it is on its way back to source.

This is why there are no such things as 'coincidences'.
And now I'm wondering Sirnik, why do you not participate in the other threads?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

SirNikalot

Post by SirNikalot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 pm

I guess its because I feel that I can't offer any useful advice. That or the thread is just too damn long and I refuse to sit and read through all of it.

I read a passage that was similar to your quote in one of my religious classes today. They talked about in the Vedic texts (which are the earliest religious texts found) that Brahman is the unifying character behind all of human beings, and that once a human being realizes this, then he will act in ahimsa (which translates to "do no harm"). Once a person realizes that he is one with the universe he will see himself in the plants, the animals, and the mother earth. He will walk on the earth and say thank you to it for supporting his feet and for allowing him to have ground to walk on. He will become a vegan and not eat the flesh of animals because he will realize that he is eating the flesh of himself, etc.

Anyway, it all resonates, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I was hoping for some advice on my specific situation, or something a little more direct.

Donna

Post by Donna » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 pm

SirNikalot wrote: Once a person realizes that he is one with the universe he will see himself in the plants, the animals, and the mother earth. He will walk on the earth and say thank you to it for supporting his feet and for allowing him to have ground to walk on. He will become a vegan and not eat the flesh of animals because he will realize that he is eating the flesh of himself, etc.
And what about the flesh of plants...hmmm? :-)
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 pm

On the first issue
I was hoping for some advice on my specific situation, or something a little more direct.
I did offer...
Reconsider your position.
You are mentally separating, and maybe putting yourself 'above' all others.

You are creating your own resistances.
Anyway, it all resonates, but it just doesn't do anything for me.
ummm sorry sweetie, who/what/where did you get the idea it was all about you?
This is your position I was suggesting you reconsider.

I could be more direct and say get your head out of your a*&^ and you might notice the sun shining instead of only noticing and being surrounded by your own shit. ( :oops: Is that more direct or just plain rude?)
That or the thread is just too damn long and I refuse to sit and read through all of it.
Sorry sirnik, I forgot you were a microwave baby :lol: that's a joke we have around here for the kids that want it all NOW without any preparation or blending of ingredients, or waiting for them to compound and rise... I've probably gone on too long with my explanation.

Short answer, there are no short cuts. You have to live the life you intend to live, step by step, moment by moment and choose what you want to put into it.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:07 am

Sirnik said
I read a passage that was similar to your quote in one of my religious classes today.

They talked about in the Vedic texts (which are the earliest religious texts found) that Brahman is the unifying character behind all of human beings, and that once a human being realizes this, then he will act in ahimsa (which translates to "do no harm"). Once a person realizes that he is one with the universe he will see himself in the plants, the animals, and the mother earth. He will walk on the earth and say thank you to it for supporting his feet and for allowing him to have ground to walk on.

He will become a vegan and not eat the flesh of animals because he will realize that he is eating the flesh of himself, etc.
Now you've gotten your head out in the sunlight, thank you very much for sharing it. As an aside, did something about reading this ... irk at you Sirnik? Make you harden your shell a little, butt up against (hehehe we just can't get away from it can we) 'beliefs' of yourself that in order to 'accept' this, you would have to alter? Resistances rather than letting a thing pass through (groan!!) create the hardening of the shell. (or shit).

I humbly bow to the wisdom of the elders and the keeping of knowledges that flow through the passages of time.

Respectfully I 'notice' that these wisdoms in their purest forms are situationally, geographically and culturally relevant and true.

The first part is universally true, it is a statement of matter.

The line I've separated out, and that Donna has 'noticed' are prescriptive - You shall, you shall not sort of reference.
This is where the situational, geographic and cultural context can be misconstrued when taken from its origin.

For instance - just because other ancient cultures did not write their wisdoms down, does not invalidate them. My own ancient culture has this knowledge, as do the ancients of pretty much every land on Earth - but their prescriptions after the universal facts are also situationally, geographically and culturally construed.

For instance, my ancient people are fisher folk, shepherds and oat farmers - based on the availability of resources natural to their environment. All with the ancient knowledges take the given resources respectfully into them selves, knowing the blessing that it is, and that it will be returned to the Earth on their passing.

In Australia the indigenous folks who do still have their also orally transferred wisdoms of 40,000 years of living with their mother - the Earth that holds them and knows them, know themselves to be either desert people - where lizards and snakes and cacti may be resources, salt water people - not unlike my own, fresh water people where crocodile and maybe wallaby, or mountain people. Indigenous folks all over the world adopt their prescriptions based on the resources available.

Each region has enough to sustain itself. With the advent of trade things got a little more diverse, but also complicated. One, because a 'value' was put on 'things' and we all know our 'shit' is worth more than other people's 'shit' :wink: or out of balance we may have started to 'envy' the shit of others.

Two, what is a 'weed' to Europeans is a precious geographically specific resource in situ elsewhere.
What is unclean in one area may be revered in another. This may be because genetically we have built up tolerances for some things based on the 'naturalness' of them to our environment and the taking in of them through generations.

But, that's 'content'. If you find a prescription anywhere, its 'content'.
Regardless of where you are or what the prescriptive nuances are based on resources and the use of them, the 'process' of the sort of reverence, awareness and gratitude can still be employed.

Halal is an example, ancient American gratitude and reverence another
"All plants are our brothers and sisters. They talk to us and if we listen, we can hear them." - Arapaho
"Before eating, always take time to thank the food. - Arapaho"

When I fish, I fish with love and joy and gratitude for the waters and the life within them. When a fish comes onto my hook I honour it's energy and vibrancy. When I bring the fish to the surface I greet the fish with love. When I cook the fish I do so quickly and cleanly. When I eat the fish I do so with gratitude for all of life. If I am not the one to catch, kill, clean and cook the fish.. no matter where the fish and I meet in the process I employ awareness and love. Also for the fisher person who caught it, those who cleaned, those who cooked, plus the herbs, the fire, the salad or vegetables in the process.

Whether we are aware of it or not, we take each other into ourselves all the time. In the air, in the water, in our food, in our feelings and in our thoughts.

Do so with gratitude and respect and you will always feel vibrantly, gratefully alive.

SirNikalot

Post by SirNikalot » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Okay Jen, thanks for the story, but no thank you for this:
I could be more direct and say get your head out of your a*&^ and you might notice the sun shining instead of only noticing and being surrounded by your own shit
I didn't ask to be judged, I didn't ask to be ridiculed, and I didn't even ask for your approval. I came here asking an honest question about a problem that I am having and I was asking for input. If you want to honestly work with me on this issue then thank you, otherwise don't post.

Now you've gotten your head out in the sunlight, thank you very much for sharing it.
Believe me, I can serenade you all day with non-duality quotes that I've learned throughout the years, but I don't think that would do either of us any good. Personally, I think the language of non-duality has been over-used and has also been offered as a cooky-cutter solution to all of life's problems in a lot of circles, which is why I'm not particularly interested in it anymore.

Donna

Post by Donna » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:47 pm

SirNikalot wrote:Okay Jen, thanks for the story, but no thank you for this:
I could be more direct and say get your head out of your a*&^ and you might notice the sun shining instead of only noticing and being surrounded by your own shit
I didn't ask to be judged, I didn't ask to be ridiculed, and I didn't even ask for your approval. I came here asking an honest question about a problem that I am having and I was asking for input. If you want to honestly work with me on this issue then thank you, otherwise don't post.
Hi SirNik,

You're only being judged, ridiculed, or asking for approval if that's how you *choose* to react to what is being said. I'd observe your reaction and ask where is this coming from? Explore that and somehow the answers to some of your problems may reveal themselves to you.

I have a strong notion Jen is coming to you from a place of love (she did try to ease up by calling it 'rude'). There are times when my friends have been blunt with me...telling me to stop being a victim of my circumstances...that I have a choice. I needed someone to tell me to "wake up!" Do you know how difficult it is being that person that gives you the wake up call? It's a courageous move to turn to another (ourselves) and express that love. That's just how I view it. I do see where people abuse others but I don't feel Jen is being abusive here. There is a difference. Is Jen trying to tear you down (abusive) or build you up? She went on to further try to help you...

I agree with you, SirNik, that there's a lot of spiritual information out there, like nonduality, etc. which, in the end, one must take what is valuable for them at the time and leave the rest.

I encourage you to please not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Peace,
~ Donna
PS. Robots don't react. Huge hint there on why Jen maybe took this approach. ;-)
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:06 am

Donna made an interesting observations with this notion sirnik
Robots don't react. Huge hint there on why Jen maybe took this approach.
My (sincere) apologies to your very human sensitivities Nik. I've been told in other topics that I'm too 'subtle', to spit it out. Given your use of the English language, and a 'history' of sorts 'tween you and me, I didn't realise you would take offence at my delivery of candidness.

Let me instead try to be little more subtle.
These past few days I feel like I have been an emotionless, stone cold robot who shares absolutely no compassion and warmth towards other people.

That's an attitude and through the attitude comes the action.
I have this mentality that is like, "if you can't get on my level then get the fuck out of my way.
Nothing emotionless nor subtle about that.
Are you wondering if/why folks might be able to pick up the resonance of that attitude? Remember you are only response able for your own attitude / actions and no choice is 'wrong', it just brings you a different experience. eg if there is no apparent reason for your attitude folks might get a bit confused. If they feel threatened, judged, by it they may respond in kind. Others might just choose to let you go about your attitude and 'remove them self from the situation, ignoring you.
I feel like I have a very low tolerance for what I see as bullshit, and unfortunately see it in a lot of places.
I have I think clearly (if not too subtly) responded to this. If you want to be surrounded only by your bullshit, it's not a problem. Usually what irks on the inside stems from the inside. (even if we project blame to the outer of our experience).
I didn't ask to be judged, I didn't ask to be ridiculed, and I didn't even ask for your approval
I wasn't giving nor withholding my approval Nik...
I wasn't judging either
I was noticing and highlighting cause and effect in motion to the situation you asked for people's opinion's about
... my opinion is that your attitude is creating your experience - which is why I said Reconsider' and later explained cultural relativity of prescriptive advice/s such as you raised about veganism & Donna responded to.

Not sure how that jumps to you being ridiculed - the terminology/language use 'appears' to me to be probably quite mild in comparison to yours in your original post... and for me, in my experience it would 'feel' rude and I would likely only say such a thing to someone I felt knew enough of me to not be offended.

I gloss over your use of 'profane' language realising it is age, gender, situationally and culturally specific and likely not meant to offend anybody either. funny that you were offended by it.

(eg: my daughter, now mother of my grandchild, would blush to think of me even reading the words used in your first post, my mother would be tut tutting and wanting to wash your mouth out with soap, and my father would be horrified that it was used in 'mixed company'. It's all age, gender, culturally, and situationally specific. But in a sense you are 'judging' others, putting your values on their 'stuff'.

Funny isn't it, the quickest way back to human-ness is to prick the ego, or to recognise when it has been pricked.

Welcome back sirnik :) with love.