Pressure in "Third Eye"

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
TemporalDissonance

Pressure in "Third Eye"

Post by TemporalDissonance » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:57 am

For a month or so now, I have been experiencing some pressure in the area of the "third eye". I can "feel" the area vividly. I am not quite sure what is going on and if there is something I can do to aid the process along if I can. Is it blocked/closed? Should I focus on it? Meditate on it? Divert inner energy flow or even change my diet or something? Thanks!

rideforever

Re: Pressure in "Third Eye"

Post by rideforever » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Do you mean between the eyebrows.

Please remember that the 3rd eye is in the middle of the head and the middle of the eyebrows is just used by beginners.

What you can do is to breathe into it for a few minutes (middle of the head), and then when the energy is there it should illuminate a little bit, then you rest there, you make a precise focus there, and then drop into it ... become it, feel yourself there. BE there. And then abide in it.

You will know if you are in the right place.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

TemporalDissonance

Post by TemporalDissonance » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Thanks Ride, its inside the head. I will try it and see what happens.

theslymoose

Post by theslymoose » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:47 pm

TemporalDissonance wrote:For a month or so now, I have been experiencing some pressure in the area of the "third eye". I can "feel" the area vividly. I am not quite sure what is going on and if there is something I can do to aid the process along if I can. Is it blocked/closed? Should I focus on it? Meditate on it? Divert inner energy flow or even change my diet or something? Thanks!
I've been experiencing that for years! Is that normal?

ZenOfchaos

Post by ZenOfchaos » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

this third eye business seems a bit silly to me

maybe someone could explain it?

isn't this feeling between the eyebrows just stress or sinus trouble???!

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 am

You could probably benefit - if you're feeling energy to this degree - from finding some good "chakra" information. Either on line or through the massive amount of publications available in written form.

It's wonderful that you're feeling this energy. Reading and understanding what each charkra is all about will help you understand what's happening. Any sensations - from the heart chakra up - are greatly beneficial. However... they usually are clearing the way for energy to move into the lower areas. When you start feeling energy in your solar plexus, sacral and root chakras, your dealing with issues in the "real" world! Events seem to be "heightened". You begin to feel differently about things. You can't seem to DO what you always used to DO. Confusion seems to be the norm. But it's all good.

My bestest advice would be... don't "do" anything! Just feel it as it happens. Focusing or meditating intently or trying to intensify the energy or moving the energy from her to there - can be catastrophic. Let it happen and just watch and feel and be in awe of the process.

It's a good thing!
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.