How to feel the fear and Do it anyway?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
ahmed00

How to feel the fear and Do it anyway?

Post by ahmed00 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Isn't the fear supposed to debilitate you

smiileyjen101

Re: How to feel the fear and Do it anyway?

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 am

Have you read the book with that title ahmed?

Fear is a set of sensations / emotions feeding into thinking, which feeds into choices, which feeds into patterns of behaviour

- the gatekeeper of action is the thoughts you give most power to.

The book looks at myths that your mind tells you and balances them so that fear may be felt (recognised) and evaluated as real or myth, with awareness of factors but not debilitated by unnecessary feeding fears.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

treasuretheday

Post by treasuretheday » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Good going, Jen! If it is reprinted, what you wrote would make an excellent "teaser" inside the book jacket!

Ahmed, I am so glad you asked this question, as it prompted me to Google the book (Haven't held the book in my hands in years, but the wonderful title stuck with me! It speaks volumes, doesn't it?). I also remembered the author's name was Susan Jeffers, & that the pic of her inside the book jacket revealed a darling lady with an impish smile! Google lead me to find her website. There she was! The cutie with a bright smile; and lots of her wonderful wisdom is presented on the site! What a nice treat. Her bio says she passed away in 2012.

Anyway, here is a page from her site. How to feel the fear and do it anyway, straight from the lady who wrote the book!:
http://www.susanjeffers.com/home/5truths.cfm
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child

cloud

Post by cloud » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:14 pm

I think the first step is to really find out what your fear is and being able to look at it without being judgmental. This may provide you with some in site and understanding that will take the energy away from it. There are also fears that we are not aware of and block us in many way in finding what we enjoy in life, being more mindful about what appears in your conscious from day to day will help you recognize the subtle versions.

On a more practical note, when you understand how your fear is blocking from different experiences in life you can take a step forward. When you are in a situation and you feel fear as an emotion it is mostly because you have identified with your thoughts. The key is when you fund yourself in the situation stay grounded and mindful - watch your thoughts and emotions as they are floating around but also pay great attention to what is happening in the outer-space.

Hope this provides a little help!

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:20 am

Her bio says she passed away in 2012.
I hadn't heard. And thank you for your kind words about my 'in a nutshell' remembrance of her book Treasure.

I pause to honour her, let me say thank you Susan Jeffers right here, she touched many lives that I directly know, she unleashed many an adventure with her slogan screamed into the air in trepidation, excitement and to the beat of knocking knees!!
My girls and I spent hours at our dining room table making posters to remind us of her shared wisdoms and discussing real and imagined fears, and whose fears they were, or where they came from, she helped me to give my children the gift of choosing (somewhat) the extent of their experiences. She made me laugh by proxy as my daughters tested her theories and scared the bejesus out of their grandparents with their courage and determination in the face of challenges :wink:

She also taught me with one of her later books how to navigate some of life's other issues; as she fell in love with someone that was more physically similar and compatible with her she realised that a man she had been relating with who made her feel small and insignificant and controlled, had indeed been physically looking down upon her from a great height. She mused that it was also nice not to have a sore neck from looking up to him all the time - and how her looking up to him and him looking down on her may have played a role in their relating styles.

She delighted how wonderful it was to actually be able to dance cheek to cheek, see eye to eye and relate with more balance with her new man, it also altered her perspective about the man who mostly was looking at the top of her head and being overprotective of her in her diminutive stature, he treated her more like a doll than a partner - her discussion on this was so insightful, it's never left me, it's a part of body language in relating that is usually not considered.

She also wrote another wonderful book called "End the struggle and dance with life" - sharing the magic and majesty of dancing with life rather than trying to fight against it.

I can smile at her dancing freely seeing all perspectives with her fearless joy.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com