Someone help me please...

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
User avatar
dannydawiz
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:18 am

Someone help me please...

Post by dannydawiz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 am

Please someone help me. I feel like i'm dying.

I can't feel joy.

I don't know why.

I've read so many books and watched so many videos. I feel like some of them have brought me closer but I'm still missing something...

Eckhart Tolles teachings offer me a temporary calm from suffering but even then I cannot feel joy.

What is wrong with me? Why is it that suddenly I have no motivation to do anything?

peas
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by peas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:23 am

Having read books and watched videos you would have seen that human experience is not monotone. It ebbs and flows. Underneath is stillness, calm, that is permanent but is temporarily covered up by the clouds. They do pass.

Was there something that happened just before this feeling arose in you?

User avatar
dannydawiz
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:18 am

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by dannydawiz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:10 am

Before this happened to me I was watching Eckhart Tolle videos and reading spiritual books.

I can't help but notice that all of them are saying the same thing. They simply repeat the phrase that I am not who I think I am. Look towards the present moment and you will see that you have no problems. Life isn't meant to be a means to an end so stop waiting for other things to bring me happiness.

There are temporary periods of times when I do feel free from suffering. These periods are when I simply focus on the now. I focus on my five senses primarily in order to get myself out of my mind that is always thinking.

The problem is, even when I am experiencing "presence", I feel like the only thing it brings me is freedom from the identity. When Im in presence it's as if all of my insecurities and problems just fade away. Forgetting the past and the future brings me a sense of rebirth. I feel as if any judgements or beliefs that were once holding me back can no longer do so because they no longer hold any power over me. They are all lies that the ego wants to hold on to.

What I noticed though is that after I read a new earth and discovered that life is not meant to be a means to an end, my enthusiasm has suffered. I've spent my whole live stuck in the past and the rest of it working endlessly for the future. I could not do anything for the sake of itself. Every living moment was a means to an end. Even if my joy suffered it didn't matter because I had to keep on working towards that end.

Now though I have made myself a promise to never do anything that is a means to an end. I never want to do anything for money. I never want to do anything for approval. I never want to do anything for women. I never want to do anything for social status.

Even knowing all this... I still just can't find the joy in my life.

It feels like it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to work on anything without experience sadness. Any peace that I feel while practicing presence is completely shattered once I try to do anything else.

I'm 16 years old and I feel stuck...

Whenever I try to do anything I feel sad and the only times I feel somewhat relieved Is when I am doing nothing.

I cannot just do nothing!!!

It can't be health issues because I drink a gallon of water a day and I go to the gym throughout the week.

Every morning I wake up unmotivated to do anything and unable to enjoy the day...

Please help me someone... :,(

peas
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by peas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 am

There is nobody who can really do anything about it, except you. That's the first step. To accept that only you can do anything about how you feel.

sumbrero23
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:43 am

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by sumbrero23 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:55 am

Hey! eckhart himself says in his book... the awakening is a process, because your old thought patterns will keep intruding in your mind
and if you are not consciouss enough, good bye presence! you get lost in thinking, again...

but that doesn't even matters, because now you have experienced the joy of beign in the now
so, next time you feel down, or anxious or whatever, just breath, let everything be and feel the now
you will be swimming in peace again...

its a process indeed, but at the same time the ''NOW'' isn't a thing you can grasp
or get in the future... this is important

User avatar
dannydawiz
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:18 am

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by dannydawiz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:15 pm

I "get" both of these things. I understand that the now isn't something I can receive in any other moment than the present. I accept that only I can change the way I'm feeling. I just don't know how!

When I incorporate that clear state of presence I feel much more freedom from suffering than I do joy.

What I'm looking for is to simply have that enthusiasm to wake up in the morning along with the joy to do things throughout the day. I can't fake these emotions. I know when I feel them and going into presence to me doesn't feel much like joy. It feels more like freedom from the mind. Even if you are free of the mind though you still have the ability to feel. I'm not feeling joy or enthusiasm... I cannot fake what I feel.

peas
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by peas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:01 pm

A clear state of presence means complete alignment with the present moment and anything contained within it. Even feeling freedom from suffering and not feeling joy. Your job is not to question these feelings. It is to accept them completely. And in acceptance say, "It's perfectly ok that I feel this way." That is alignment with the universe. From there any change is possible, but not if it's lip service. It has to be genuine acceptance. It is actually happening, after all, so it's meant to be happening. Be aware of any resistance, even if it's very subtle. Accept the resistance too.

This is just one big trip of acceptance.

User avatar
KathleenBrugger
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by KathleenBrugger » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:23 pm

I think you're experiencing the paradox that a lot of people have expressed confusion about on this forum: being in the moment can feel like a detachment from life. You talk about not feeling enthusiastic when you get up in the morning; when I awaken with enthusiasm usually that means I'm looking forward to the day ahead--does that mean I'm not in the now and that feeling is wrong?

How can I feel motivated to do anything if I'm in the moment? is another common question. Doesn't being motivated to act imply a plan for the future, and aren't we supposed to stop thinking about any moment other than the Now? Doesn't motivation imply a desire for things to be different, which is a rejection of the Now?

Perhaps there are people who are always in the Now, but for most of us we need to learn how to take this teaching about the power of being in the Now and integrate it into ordinary life. For me that means a number of things: 1. no longer obsessing about the past or future--thinking things were better back then or will be better later, 2. accepting what is now, without wishing it could be any other way, 3. recognizing that there is no other time in which to be happy.

But this just enhances my ability to operate in the world of time, where I make plans and enthusiastically engage with life. What's different is that when I make plans I no longer think that my life will be better when the plan works out, or that the plan necessarily has to work out the way I envision in order for me to think it's a success. I embrace the process of living, not the results.

It sounds like you felt motivation and enthusiasm before you started reading books and watching videos. What if you are misunderstanding the message of those books and videos? What if being in the Now means you feel more motivation and enthusiasm? What if the only thing that changes is what you are motivated and enthusiastic about?
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/

Manyana
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:38 am

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by Manyana » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 pm

KathleenBrugger wrote:I think you're experiencing the paradox that a lot of people have expressed confusion about on this forum: being in the moment can feel like a detachment from life. You talk about not feeling enthusiastic when you get up in the morning; when I awaken with enthusiasm usually that means I'm looking forward to the day ahead--does that mean I'm not in the now and that feeling is wrong?

How can I feel motivated to do anything if I'm in the moment? is another common question. Doesn't being motivated to act imply a plan for the future, and aren't we supposed to stop thinking about any moment other than the Now? Doesn't motivation imply a desire for things to be different, which is a rejection of the Now?

Perhaps there are people who are always in the Now, but for most of us we need to learn how to take this teaching about the power of being in the Now and integrate it into ordinary life. For me that means a number of things: 1. no longer obsessing about the past or future--thinking things were better back then or will be better later, 2. accepting what is now, without wishing it could be any other way, 3. recognizing that there is no other time in which to be happy.

But this just enhances my ability to operate in the world of time, where I make plans and enthusiastically engage with life. What's different is that when I make plans I no longer think that my life will be better when the plan works out, or that the plan necessarily has to work out the way I envision in order for me to think it's a success. I embrace the process of living, not the results.

It sounds like you felt motivation and enthusiasm before you started reading books and watching videos. What if you are misunderstanding the message of those books and videos? What if being in the Now means you feel more motivation and enthusiasm? What if the only thing that changes is what you are motivated and enthusiastic about?
Great post, I think it is really helpful.

User avatar
dannydawiz
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:18 am

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by dannydawiz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:59 pm

KathleenBrugger wrote:I think you're experiencing the paradox that a lot of people have expressed confusion about on this forum: being in the moment can feel like a detachment from life. You talk about not feeling enthusiastic when you get up in the morning; when I awaken with enthusiasm usually that means I'm looking forward to the day ahead--does that mean I'm not in the now and that feeling is wrong?

How can I feel motivated to do anything if I'm in the moment? is another common question. Doesn't being motivated to act imply a plan for the future, and aren't we supposed to stop thinking about any moment other than the Now? Doesn't motivation imply a desire for things to be different, which is a rejection of the Now?

Perhaps there are people who are always in the Now, but for most of us we need to learn how to take this teaching about the power of being in the Now and integrate it into ordinary life. For me that means a number of things: 1. no longer obsessing about the past or future--thinking things were better back then or will be better later, 2. accepting what is now, without wishing it could be any other way, 3. recognizing that there is no other time in which to be happy.

But this just enhances my ability to operate in the world of time, where I make plans and enthusiastically engage with life. What's different is that when I make plans I no longer think that my life will be better when the plan works out, or that the plan necessarily has to work out the way I envision in order for me to think it's a success. I embrace the process of living, not the results.

It sounds like you felt motivation and enthusiasm before you started reading books and watching videos. What if you are misunderstanding the message of those books and videos? What if being in the Now means you feel more motivation and enthusiasm? What if the only thing that changes is what you are motivated and enthusiastic about?
Thank you so much Kathleen for this great post. I agree that you hit it right at the spot I was talking about.

Before learning about the ego, presence, and meanings to an end my ENTIRE LIFE was based off of the future. I could not be happy except for the brief periods of moments in which I received what I wanted. These future circumstances WERE my enthusiasm. They WERE the reason why I woke up in the morning because I felt so excited. The only problem with this was that the only times I felt joy were in those brief moments in which I received what it was that I wanted. If I didn't get what I wanted then I would be in INTENSE suffering. Occasionally I would even cry myself to sleep just because things weren't going my way.

I no longer have the desire to be attached to the outcome of my goals.

Given that, the enthusiasm is gone because I was aiming it at the future my entire life. On the other hand, I seem to be having trouble finding the joy in the present moment.

You say that the only thing that changes may be what I am motivated and enthusiastic about. If I am no longer enthusiastic about the future then that must mean that the only thing I can be enthusiastic about are the activities themselves.

In other words, I can only be motivated to do something for the sake of itself.

This goes back to life not being a means to an end.

If living in the now means that I can only find joy for the activities themselves then should I stop doing whatever activities don't bring me joy at the present moment?

In that case I am no longer allowed to do any activity that I do not immediately enjoy.

I thought that the whole point of enlightenment however was being able to enjoy everything? Isn't that what the goal of all this is? To be able to enjoy every activity that you do regardless of what it is?

That is what I am trying to aim for. I want to be able to enjoy the activities for the sake of themselves. That in and of itself IS the whole point of living in the now.

I simply don't feel it though... I don't feel that feeling which I know to be joy. I feel like i'm so close..

What is the final step that I'm missing?

Maire
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by Maire » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 am

Hi Danny. I think you are chasing joy and running away from sadness. You are getting dragged down by whatever issues may be behind your sadness and you look at the self-help type books as something you should achieve but can't. You're hoping for the end of suffering. We've read that enlightenment is the end of suffering. Enlightenment is not something to be found in a book, no matter how good.

At 16, its probably better not to chase enlightenment but try, for the moment, to achieve balance in your life. Working towards your goals is still a good thing. The teaching is not telling you to abandon your exams, work or other plans you have to better yourself. That is misunderstanding the teaching to say "well if only now matters, there's no point in doing any work or study".

Eckhart does not focus on the practical aspects of getting your life going in the direction you would like it to but there are other books for that. He has a message for us and he does not want to take our attention to other things because then that important message would be lost.

If you find you are stuck on sadness and don't feel enthusiastic, having a regular routine that you stick to can help get you through. Worrying that you've no joy will give you more sadness and less joy. Sadness may be coming from an experience you had in the past or an ongoing situation in your current life. When you are experiencing sadness in this way, don't try to hit it on the head and say "you shouldn't exist, go away". It does exist. Its part of our life for now. Like getting soaked in a downpour of rain. It comes and it goes.

No self-help book really has the final answer to sort out your life. They are useful for lifting your mood when you are depressed and helping you move along. If it helps to get you through a rough day, well every little helps.

If you are thinking your life is not as good as others you know and you need to be happier and more fulfilled, this is your old friend the ego talking. Let it have its say. And move on in presence. The point behind the point is that you don't really require "happy" or "joy" or "fulfilled" or anything at all really.

I hope this helps.
I have lived with several zen masters - all of them cats. - Eckhart Tolle

User avatar
KathleenBrugger
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by KathleenBrugger » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:06 am

dannydawiz wrote:I thought that the whole point of enlightenment however was being able to enjoy everything? Isn't that what the goal of all this is? To be able to enjoy every activity that you do regardless of what it is?

That is what I am trying to aim for. I want to be able to enjoy the activities for the sake of themselves. That in and of itself IS the whole point of living in the now.

I simply don't feel it though... I don't feel that feeling which I know to be joy. I feel like i'm so close..

What is the final step that I'm missing?
Danny, I'm glad you and Manyana found my post of value. Enlightenment is a big word. Sometimes it's thrown around on this forum kind of loosely, imho. Since I'm not enlightened I can't say, but yes I do think that's the goal--to enjoy everything (although watch the word "goal" :) ). But where did you get the idea that you could be enlightened instantly? Yes there are some to which this does seem to occur, but they are exceedingly rare. Most of us instead follow spiritual paths...So to think you can instantly get to the point where you can do everything with joy is perhaps setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment.

For me this is where spiritual practice, in particular the Witness, comes in. Be present and observe the feelings and thoughts that arise as you do a task you don't like. What is your conditioned mind saying? "I've got more important things to do," or "I can't wait until I don't have to do this anymore." For example (I've shared about this before) I started realizing that I got really impatient while waiting in lines (something I definitely didn't enjoy for its own sake) and often acted like a jerk. I didn't want to do this anymore, so the first thing I started doing was just observing what I thought and felt when I got in line. I would think things like, "I'm too busy to have to wait this long," or think demeaning things about the clerk's abilities. I finally realized through listening to myself in the moment that this stemmed from a selfish point of view that considered myself more important than other people. So I have mostly gotten over my impatience, although I haven't moved into enjoyment of waiting. As I'm typing this I'm thinking maybe that's a good arena for my spiritual practice--turning waiting into enjoyment. And come to think of it I did just go to Walt Disney World with my 12-year-old niece. I was not looking forward to all those lines, but I actually enjoyed myself all day. While we were in line there were so many interesting people to look at and things to talk about with my niece, I never once felt as if I was suffering. :lol:

It sounds to me like you have had some great insights--I wish I had had that kind of knowledge available to me at 16. Not to be ageist here, but good for you finding spirituality so young. Please keep contributing here because it will be interesting to hear your point-of-view.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/

sardinelover
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:50 am

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by sardinelover » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:19 am

dannydawiz wrote: I can't feel joy.
You say that you have experienced presence, and wonder why you can't feel joy. It is because you were never present. It was just a thought in your head. :)

Presence is very satisfying. It is blissful. Joy is spontaneous and arises from this background of bliss. Sometimes you may find yourself smiling with delight for no reason other than for joy.
Relax your face

User avatar
dannydawiz
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:18 am

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by dannydawiz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:05 am

Maire wrote:Hi Danny. I think you are chasing joy and running away from sadness. You are getting dragged down by whatever issues may be behind your sadness and you look at the self-help type books as something you should achieve but can't. You're hoping for the end of suffering. We've read that enlightenment is the end of suffering. Enlightenment is not something to be found in a book, no matter how good.

At 16, its probably better not to chase enlightenment but try, for the moment, to achieve balance in your life. Working towards your goals is still a good thing. The teaching is not telling you to abandon your exams, work or other plans you have to better yourself. That is misunderstanding the teaching to say "well if only now matters, there's no point in doing any work or study".

Eckhart does not focus on the practical aspects of getting your life going in the direction you would like it to but there are other books for that. He has a message for us and he does not want to take our attention to other things because then that important message would be lost.

If you find you are stuck on sadness and don't feel enthusiastic, having a regular routine that you stick to can help get you through. Worrying that you've no joy will give you more sadness and less joy. Sadness may be coming from an experience you had in the past or an ongoing situation in your current life. When you are experiencing sadness in this way, don't try to hit it on the head and say "you shouldn't exist, go away". It does exist. Its part of our life for now. Like getting soaked in a downpour of rain. It comes and it goes.

No self-help book really has the final answer to sort out your life. They are useful for lifting your mood when you are depressed and helping you move along. If it helps to get you through a rough day, well every little helps.

If you are thinking your life is not as good as others you know and you need to be happier and more fulfilled, this is your old friend the ego talking. Let it have its say. And move on in presence. The point behind the point is that you don't really require "happy" or "joy" or "fulfilled" or anything at all really.

I hope this helps.
Hi Maire. Thank you for responding. I understanding that the purpose of the teaching isn't to give up on future pursuits or goals. In fact, the whole reason why I'm learning about this is because I became obsessed with my goal. Obsessed to the point where I could not enjoy anything until this goal was realized. Family didn't matter. Friends didn't matter. Everything else not relating to that goal was just considered to be a distraction. After four years of this it left me in a bad place. At first I was okay because I was making progress towards my goal. One day however, my progress stopped. I don't know why it did but once it happened It left me into an intense depression.

I do want to pursue my goal but I don't want to do it at the cost of sacrificing the present moment. I've already gone through that stage of suffering and the intensity of it has brought me to learn all of this.

I really don't feel that age is an issue... I learn what it is that I need to in order to survive and at this point in my life I really do feel that learning all of these things are necessary before I end up in a depression again.

I have tried a regular routine. But what do you do when you find that the regular routine is un-motivating? Is it the routine itself that should be changed or is it the person who is doing the routine?
KathleenBrugger wrote:
dannydawiz wrote:I thought that the whole point of enlightenment however was being able to enjoy everything? Isn't that what the goal of all this is? To be able to enjoy every activity that you do regardless of what it is?

That is what I am trying to aim for. I want to be able to enjoy the activities for the sake of themselves. That in and of itself IS the whole point of living in the now.

I simply don't feel it though... I don't feel that feeling which I know to be joy. I feel like i'm so close..

What is the final step that I'm missing?
Danny, I'm glad you and Manyana found my post of value. Enlightenment is a big word. Sometimes it's thrown around on this forum kind of loosely, imho. Since I'm not enlightened I can't say, but yes I do think that's the goal--to enjoy everything (although watch the word "goal" :) ). But where did you get the idea that you could be enlightened instantly? Yes there are some to which this does seem to occur, but they are exceedingly rare. Most of us instead follow spiritual paths...So to think you can instantly get to the point where you can do everything with joy is perhaps setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment.

For me this is where spiritual practice, in particular the Witness, comes in. Be present and observe the feelings and thoughts that arise as you do a task you don't like. What is your conditioned mind saying? "I've got more important things to do," or "I can't wait until I don't have to do this anymore." For example (I've shared about this before) I started realizing that I got really impatient while waiting in lines (something I definitely didn't enjoy for its own sake) and often acted like a jerk. I didn't want to do this anymore, so the first thing I started doing was just observing what I thought and felt when I got in line. I would think things like, "I'm too busy to have to wait this long," or think demeaning things about the clerk's abilities. I finally realized through listening to myself in the moment that this stemmed from a selfish point of view that considered myself more important than other people. So I have mostly gotten over my impatience, although I haven't moved into enjoyment of waiting. As I'm typing this I'm thinking maybe that's a good arena for my spiritual practice--turning waiting into enjoyment. And come to think of it I did just go to Walt Disney World with my 12-year-old niece. I was not looking forward to all those lines, but I actually enjoyed myself all day. While we were in line there were so many interesting people to look at and things to talk about with my niece, I never once felt as if I was suffering. :lol:

It sounds to me like you have had some great insights--I wish I had had that kind of knowledge available to me at 16. Not to be ageist here, but good for you finding spirituality so young. Please keep contributing here because it will be interesting to hear your point-of-view.
Hey Kathleen thanks again for responding. Having this knowledge at my age is fulfilling I admit but at times it makes me feel a bit alienated against everyone else. I didn't feel that I could be enlightened instantly although I do admit that I did seem to imply it in my last post.

That may be my frustration yes. I want to be able to enjoy every single activity and yet I cannot. As a result of not being able to enjoy something I immediately stop what it is that I'm doing and then I begin to read more hoping to find the answers.

When I'm doing a task that I don't like I ignore the mind. I don't pay attention to it because I feel like if I were to listen to it that it would only make the situation more negative than it already is. Isn't that what presence is in the first place? Transcending the mind noise and realizing that it's all just a story made up by the ego? I do my best to not perceive anything as anything else other than what it is. To not judge myself and to not judge others. Observing it without any sort of mental interpretation brings me back to the reality of the situation.

I'll continue to come back to these boards. Thank you for responding again. :)
sardinelover wrote:
dannydawiz wrote: I can't feel joy.
You say that you have experienced presence, and wonder why you can't feel joy. It is because you were never present. It was just a thought in your head. :)

Presence is very satisfying. It is blissful. Joy is spontaneous and arises from this background of bliss. Sometimes you may find yourself smiling with delight for no reason other than for joy.
Maybe the thought that I wasn't experiencing joy was the problem in the first place? It's hard to fake joy because it's a very identifiable feeling. Whenever I become present I do feel that I become free from past conditioning and future anxieties. The first time that I experienced this it WAS truly joyful. To find out that you aren't what you think you are was the most joyful experience I had ever felt. Now that I know that I am not the thoughts in my head however the experience isn't anywhere near as fulfilling as it was the first time.

The destruction of the identity was an important lesson but nowadays it has just become a normal habit.

I'll continue to experiment with this. Thanks so much for the post! I feel like something good came out of it.

Rose and Richard
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:56 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Someone help me please...

Post by Rose and Richard » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi Danny
I have been reading these various posts and wow some are just wonderful Let me say what I feel is coming through your posts:

You had a goal and it did not come to fruition, that saddened you even depressed you.

Perhaps you feel to get to awareness/presence/enlightenment fast enough you will stop that happening again, so you need to do it quickly.

Danny the greatest feeling there is, is to drop everything especially things you have no control over. By dropping everything, you have in fact surrendered to what is.
Surrender is wonderful, it frees the mind from the chatter box it creates a space or what Eckhart calls a portal, or a quietness.
This portal or space allows what is generally referred to as the real you or the inside you...your spirit.. (this is the bit of you that connects us all together in the universe, or an energy which ever you wish to call it) to come through.

Some even refer to it as allowing your gut feelings to through.

It is in these quiet moments that we usually get answers for our life situations, our purpose or an action may come to us.

To create these spaces or quiet moments you need to practice relaxation and when your body is relaxed you can get to a meditative state, now that meditative state is presence is nowness (Echkart meditates for an hour everyday) and in keeping that practice you can begin to gain a better nowness, peace and joy. Don't push, just allow it all to happen over time. Eckhart has been doing this for soo long that his dept of nowness is great. For most of us it takes time. But in getting there we have a level of awareness of our self .. that's enough, let the rest evolve.

But we have the human side of us and generally speaking that's the part that takes the actions to fulfillment of our goals, yes the chatterbox (ego) comes in and can annoy us but just be aware of this, don't fight it, make a friend of it because it is really trying to protect you so when it chatters and you cop that consider what it is telling you, it is usually creating fear about why not, can't do, not doing that again look what happened the last time I did that and on on it goes so guess what you will be able to recognize your own fears. How helpful is that. Read Eckhart's chapter in "A New Earth" to further understand what ego does.
Now we have our bodies also and that's what carries around our mind (with it's chatterbox) and our spirit.

We are Mind Body and Spirit (soul)


So let's use them all

Through your spirit you can find what your intentions in life are e.g. becoming a doctor a writer etc it may take time to find this and you may need to read books take courses do research to have a realization what you may like to do. You can change it as you go through life, do this with relaxation and meditation, you're on your way

Through your mind you can create goals for your intentions, that mind will organize the actions you need to fulfill your intention.

Through your body you actually physically take the actions.

Intentions and actions can change to what ever you require for yourself in life.

Now I wish to share a secret with you: when you learn to live life in this manner you will begin to see things fall into place like a little bit like magic Danny that piece of information is the essence of spirituality.

You need time to get used to living this way and have patience, persistence courage and above all an unstoppable faith( I'm not talking religious faith here ) that life will give you your wishes. Don't beat yourself up where ever you are in life right now is the perfect place to be. Namaste Rose
If You Do What You Always Did You Will Get What You Always Got.
http://www.roseandrichard.com

Post Reply