Ester & Jerry Hicks

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Maringa

Ester & Jerry Hicks

Post by Maringa » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi there,

I recently came into contact with the books written by Ester and Jerry Hicks (Ask and it is given). There was some similar books a couple of decades ago with someone channeling a spirit or non-physical entities. Don't remember the name now.

What's your thoughts about this, is it for real? Is it possible to channel anything, and are there really non-physical entities?

With love /M

Webwanderer

Re: Ester & Jerry Hicks

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:58 pm

When you read or listen to the messages that are offered, what do your instincts tell you? Personally, I've gotten a great deal of insight and valuable guidance from Abraham - as well as other 'channeled' sources. But what I get should mean little to anyone else. Does it move you? Do you feel inspired? There's never any need to kill the messengers. It's the message that counts.

Remember, there are some sources that appeal to some, while others find them useless. We all have our own needs depending on our quality of awareness and perspective. Have confidence in your own guidance system. If a message brings greater clarity, then use it. If not, set it aside, it may just not be right for you as yet.

WW

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:54 pm

If we are inclusive of our definition of me or I, as I am beginning to be....and by inclusive I'm taking about including everything, then these channeled sources come from you. I don't seem them as separate entities from the channeler, but just a part of them. (I also don't see channeled sources as the Gospel truth, just another perspective in the chorus. there is an unusual non-human quality to them that suggests there is something lost in the translation)

Just my thoughts.
Be present, be pleasant.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:14 am

Onceler wrote:If we are inclusive of our definition of me or I, as I am beginning to be....and by inclusive I'm taking about including everything, then these channeled sources come from you.
It would seem then, based on this assumption, that the inclusion of everything would include you in me as well. And while at its essence, at its most fundamental level, there is a truth in this Oneness, there is also the sense of individuality that may persist beyond this human experience through who knows how many levels of beingness.

If that is the case, then channeled information may represent a more refined state of unique perspective within the One, individualized and existing in its own unique environment while yet being but a component of the One. Now maybe my imagination is in overdrive, but a lot of the information that comes as 'channeled' seems as clear and enlightening as anything available through any source. And who knows but our own inherent insights, coming from our own alignment, is but one of an infinite number of those higher consciousness unique perspectives. But like you, that's just my thoughts.

WW

Maringa

Post by Maringa » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Oh I get the picture :)

The books of Ester and Jerry Hicks (or Abraham) have given me SO MUCH, and I'm very greatful for it, so I guess it doesn't really matter wheter there is a real "channeling" or not :) I'm just sooo curious about all this "spirit stuff" :D I can't quite let go of the thoughts about "is it real!?" "are there really spirits!?" it's really cool!

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:07 pm

I would submit that you are spirit. We all are. We are spirits focused in a physical perspective experiencing and exploring this unique environment. From spirit we came, to spirit we will return. In one sense, the physical is spirit (consciousness) as well, just a very specialized, very focused quality of it.

WW