Paranoia and ego loss

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
sumbrero23

Paranoia and ego loss

Post by sumbrero23 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:51 pm

You see this has happened to me yesterday, and it's hard to explain. Is a feeling that I get.
A feeling of being amazed by people (specially the ones that are well-known to me). I see how everybody is crazy, and I refuse to play it's game.

Let me give you an example: I came to my house, and there was my sister and mother, but I remained totally present, speaking not too much.
I sat down and I listen. And It is like I was hearing their ego's speak. The words and the energetic meaning of every single word, was hitting me.
Howhever, I didn't lost my awareness, but It's really strange. They were not behaving normally. Or I was perceiving them at another dimension.

Do you understand what i'm saying?

I don't know if I am crazy, but my intuition is that I was very aware of my ego movements (in the now timeline) so this was making me go insane.
Do you experienced the same kind of thing? It's like the ''others'' was trying to grab me into their mental games. But I choose awareness instead.
So please share your comments/experiences to understand this phenomenom. Some people have the same feeling when smoking cannabis, and actually Paranoia is a good thing, because it means you are aware of your mental process, you catch them totally with it's all meaning. Because, if you don't believe in something, it just passes by. So since we all have and separated individual belief, WE ARE ALL PARANOIC, don't you think so???

Quote: Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face[/quote]

peas

Re: Paranoia and ego loss

Post by peas » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:50 am

Outward focus like this will send you crazy.

What if you stopped focussing on others and instead focussed entirely on what's happening inside you?

Try it for a day.

sumbrero23

Post by sumbrero23 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:12 am

peas wrote:Outward focus like this will send you crazy.

What if you stopped focussing on others and instead focussed entirely on what's happening inside you?

Try it for a day.
I will. You are right...
I'm not trying to justify my behaviour but seems like my brain is very sensitive to others energy. That's why sometimes I get overwhelmed :oops:

peas

Post by peas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:20 am

Indeed we can all have moments of this type of auto-behaviour. It is part of the conditioned mind.

Notice how I do not need to even say "my conditioned mind"? That's because it is one collective form structure that we inherit by being human. It is not personal, and observing the personal nature of our language goes a long way in helping us to disidentify with the conditioned mind, which is not who we truly are.