Tolle & vedic astrology

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Maringa

Tolle & vedic astrology

Post by Maringa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi there,

I usually don't care about astrology, tarot or stuff like that. I just follow the words of tolle, and I meditate occasionally.

A couple of days ago I met a very knowledgeble vedic astrologist, he was very nice and I let him do a birth chart for me.

The result was pretty chocking!
He told me a lof of great stuff but he also told me that I will be forced to adopt to a life where I can't move very well, full of mental anguish, and probably my life span will be decreased. This was because I had "malefic planets" and also "Rahu in the 12th house"...

I couldn't quite let go of this, and that is why I turn to you guys... if a person is on the path of enlightenment, will that cancel out negativity in life? Since my meeting with tolle, my diet has changed totally for example and I'm extremely healthy and fit.

What do you guys think about vedic astrology, is it "true" or can a person change a negative destiny?

karmarider

Re: Tolle & vedic astrology

Post by karmarider » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Maringa wrote:He told me a lof of great stuff but he also told me that I will be forced to adopt to a life where I can't move very well, full of mental anguish, and probably my life span will be decreased. This was because I had "malefic planets" and also "Rahu in the 12th house"...
That's nonsense.
... if a person is on the path of enlightenment, will that cancel out negativity in life?
Yes.
What do you guys think about vedic astrology, is it "true" or can a person change a negative destiny?
Is it reasonable that the arrangement of stars and planets from the specific viewpoint of earth determine the pattern of your life?

Over the years and with awakening, I have learned not to dismiss any possibility. Physical reality occurs within the realm of consciousness and so anything we believe can be possible. But even with this allowing, I cannot believe that some specific person has figured out how to read the celestial heavens from a specific viewpoint to determine the course of your life.

You do not have a prescribed destiny. That would defeat the purpose. You are free to create the life you want to create.

Maringa

Re: Tolle & vedic astrology

Post by Maringa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Thank you karmarider, your answer made me feel very happy and calm again! Your words ring true to me :)