That little voice in your head...

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Re: That little voice in your head...

Postby Clouded » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:51 am

The newspaper thing is actually a great idea! Thanks! I'm also thinking about wrapping the outside of the box in trash bags. Sadly, I gave away all my unwanted plush toys to charity when I was working on my Feng Shui and I really don't want to throw away the ones that I kept. I'm thinking about collecting money and saving up for a wool blanket for them (instead of buying those $3 caffeine drinks every day) but I don't know if their claws will get stuck in it and they could hurt themselves. It's only going to get colder and one of my worst nightmares is to see their dead corpses when I go outside, I just don't want to deal with something like that.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby dijmart » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:11 am

Clouded wrote:The newspaper thing is actually a great idea! Thanks! I'm also thinking about wrapping the outside of box in trash bags. Sadly, I gave away all my unwanted plush toys to charity when I was working on my Feng Shui and I really don't want to throw away the ones that I kept. I'm thinking about collecting money and saving up for a wool blanket for them (instead of buying those $3 caffeine drinks every day) but I don't know if their claws will get stuck in it and they could hurt themselves. It's only going to get colder and one of my worst nightmares is to see their dead corpses when I go outside, I just don't want to deal with something like that.

Ur welcome, yeah, wrapping in trash bag would be good for the future. Honestly, they probably don't need a wool blanket that may cost a lot. Plus, I agree their claws could get stuck in wool fabric. Getting a regular comforter from good will for a few bucks would suit the purpose and be safe for claws, I think. I currently have three cats and have had cats for 26 years. For some reason, cats love me and because of that, some family members call me "the cat lady". Mind you though, I have only indoor cats, so I couldn't stand to see them outside in this weather. Most likely I would take any strays to the animal protective league to prevent what you're going through or let them inside on cold days (which I understand you can't do). So, good luck with it all.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Clouded » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:59 am

Thanks. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I want to call some animal rescue organization to capture them and put them up for adoption but I am afraid that they won't get adopted on time and will have to be euthanized for population control. I don't know what is the best thing to do, I just want them to be safe and happy. I like cats too but I am mildly allergic to them.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby Phil2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 am

Clouded wrote:I just can't get a break and let myself relax. I'm very sad and worried right now. Long story short, we have three stray kittens who live in our backyard, I think they were born sometime in May and I grew very attached to them and I think they're now completely depending on me for their survival.

Hi Clouded,

I think it is good for you to take care (and feel 'responsible') of some other 'beings' and stop focussing/complaining on your own problems ...

Do the best you can Clouded ... and remember the 4th Agreement ... and the other ones too ...

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby dijmart » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Clouded wrote:Thanks. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I want to call some animal rescue organization to capture them and put them up for adoption but I am afraid that they won't get adopted on time and will have to be euthanized for population control. I don't know what is the best thing to do, I just want them to be safe and happy. I like cats too but I am mildly allergic to them.

I don't think kittens ever get euthanized, mainly that's for older cats (that don't get adopted after a certain amount of time) or cats with major health issues. If you want them to be safe and happy, then they should probably be adopted, imo. Each kitten I've ever owned that was found outside (the last found at a junk yard by my husband) have all needed serious health tune ups at the vet, because they had fleas, worms, ticks, ect. one was seriously anemic from fleas bites that it almost died. Another, had extreme diarrhea from the intestinal worms and became dehydrated and needed IV fluids.
dijmart

Postby Clouded » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:16 pm

I will be sad to let them go to someone else because they were indeed a good distraction from my repetitive negative thoughts. I want them all for myself but I can't even keep one and there's no way that my parents would pay expensive vet bills. I know that I'm going to cry and throw a fit and cuss at my parents for being against keeping pets in the house when the cats will be taken away, it looks like they won't allow me to be happy. They know that I'm my happiest when I am surrounded by animals, animals are very therapeutic to me. Some years back, I was depressed and was forced to go on vacation with my parents and my cousin and the only time when I enjoyed myself was when I was feeding the animals in my palm at a zoo, even my dad noticed and told me that I was smiling the whole time. But nope, they'd rather let me take medication and numb myself so I could feel better.
Clouded

Postby dijmart » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:52 pm

Clouded wrote:I will be sad to let them go to someone else because they were indeed a good distraction from my repetitive negative thoughts. I want them all for myself but I can't even keep one and there's no way that my parents would pay expensive vet bills. I know that I'm going to cry and throw a fit and cuss at my parents for being against keeping pets in the house when the cats will be taken away, it looks like they won't allow me to be happy. They know that I'm my happiest when I am surrounded by animals, animals are very therapeutic to me. Some years back, I was depressed and was forced to go on vacation with my parents and my cousin and the only time when I enjoyed myself was when I was feeding the animals in my palm at a zoo, even my dad noticed and told me that I was smiling the whole time. But nope, they'd rather let me take medication and numb myself so I could feel better.

Did you notice, by chance, that you stopped talking about what was best for the kittens (remember: safe/happy) and instead, started talking about what was best for you?
dijmart

Postby Clouded » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 pm

dijmart wrote:
Clouded wrote:I will be sad to let them go to someone else because they were indeed a good distraction from my repetitive negative thoughts. I want them all for myself but I can't even keep one and there's no way that my parents would pay expensive vet bills. I know that I'm going to cry and throw a fit and cuss at my parents for being against keeping pets in the house when the cats will be taken away, it looks like they won't allow me to be happy. They know that I'm my happiest when I am surrounded by animals, animals are very therapeutic to me. Some years back, I was depressed and was forced to go on vacation with my parents and my cousin and the only time when I enjoyed myself was when I was feeding the animals in my palm at a zoo, even my dad noticed and told me that I was smiling the whole time. But nope, they'd rather let me take medication and numb myself so I could feel better.

Did you notice, by chance, that you stopped talking about what was best for the kittens (remember: safe/happy) and instead, started talking about what was best for you?

I would've loved to adopt them as my own pets and have them live here with me and take care of them. I would have been selfish if I decided to keep them all to myself the way that I'm allowed to keep them and that is outside in the cold. I'd rather have them live someplace warm even if it isn't with me. I'm just angry that my family doesn't like pets because furniture is more important to them.
Clouded

Postby dijmart » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Clouded wrote:I would've loved to adopt them as my own pets and have them live here with me and take care of them. I would have been selfish if I decided to keep them all to myself the way that I'm allowed to keep them and that is outside in the cold. I'd rather have them live someplace warm even if it isn't with me. I'm just angry that my family doesn't like pets because furniture is more important to them.

There are many reasons that people don't want pets. I can think of several reasons not to want a cat, even though I'm a cat lover. I know what it takes to take care of an animal, day after day for years and years. Not everyone wants that responsibility or wants to deal with them...their like children they rely on you. So, I wouldn't be so harsh on your parents, they know what they don't want at least. Someday when you have your on place, you can have your own animals, right? Would they let you have a hamster? They're mess is contained at least, still has cost involved though.
dijmart

Postby Phil2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Clouded wrote:I'm just angry that my family doesn't like pets because furniture is more important to them.

So you are angry because others are not as you expect them to be Clouded ? and you blame others for that maybe ?

Doing this you generate endless suffering Clouded, you don't surrender to 'what is' ... you resist to things as they are, and what you resist persists ... you create time (expectations) and you lose presence because you are in an emotional reaction (angry) ... do you see how you generate useless conflicts here ?
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Clouded » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 am

My parents don't want any pets at all; I think it's their way of pressuring me to get a career and move out of their house...only this motivates me to rebel against their wishes and I tell them that I refuse to do anything with my life until I have a source of happiness besides television and the Internet and I want them to continue feeling irritated and ashamed of me for staying at home and wasting my life away. I'll be a vegetable for as long as I want!! I had to put up with all their desires and expectations for me and it all went down the toilet with me wanting to commit suicide. I don't see what's the big deal with owning a cat. You have no idea how many years I've spent crying and begging my parents for a pet, I've wanted a dog since I was 5. Even in primary school, I lied to my friends by telling them that I had a dog and when we were asked to draw our family, I'd always draw a dog. Kids would come to my house and ask me where my dog was and I had to lie that it was at the veterinarian. Every summer, my dad asks me where I want to travel and I say nowhere because I'd rather he spend that money on buying me a pet, I would be much happier with a pet. It boils my blood everytime someone posts pictures of their new puppy or kitty on Facebook and that is one of the many reasons why I deleted my account because I can't cope with how lucky other people are, it makes me want to cry. I'll just stare at the walls or watch Oprah and be grateful for being moderately healthy and having the bare necessities to survive a life that I don't really enjoy living and take my pills. Anyways, I made a pact with myself that I am going to call a rescue team, hopefully their services are free because my parents aren't going to pay for that either. I'm going to take my mind away from this and meditate. EDIT: looks like my SPCA is experiencing an overflow of cats and have no more room for adoption but I found that a pet store near us is accepting unwanted cats, I don't know if they mind strays that haven't been spayed or neutered. All three kittens are still alive but still no sign of mommy. EDIT: and I know that you are all going to tell me that happiness comes from within and not from external conditions but it sure helps to have some distractions every now and then. My mind is like a treadmill that won't stop and the sad thing is that I can multi-task, meaning that I can spend half of my attention watching tv or doing some other boring activity and the other half on my thoughts, I'm just never fully present unless I do something I really enjoy doing.
Clouded

Postby Phil2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:47 am

Clouded wrote: I'll be a vegetable for as long as I want!!

Oh yes, don't forget that you are the Artist of your own life Clouded ... if being a vegetable is your painting that's what it is ...

:lol:
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:58 am

Clouded wrote: I don't see what's the big deal with owning a cat.

No, it's not a big deal ... just rent your own apartment and have as many cats as you want ... I don't think that there is any law against owning as many cats as you want ...

Is there a caveat somewhere ?

??

Clouded, do you see here how you behave as a capricious and irresponsible little girl ?

??

When are you going to take responsibility for your own life and stop blaming others for your problems ?

When are you going to grow up ?
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Clouded » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Phil, you're a bit too quick to judge me. Just because I choose to depict myself in a negative light doesn't mean that I AM turning into a irresponsible/capricious little girl or a brat. I could make myself look like a saint if I want to. It's funny how easily you can sway people to believe a certain thing about you based on what thoughts you choose to share. It's a good thing that I am not seeking for approval or being praised here.
Clouded

Postby Clouded » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:06 pm

My mom and I are going to go to that pet store tomorrow and see what we can do for the cats. I saw the mom btw! I took lots of pictures to remember them, at least I'll have that.
Clouded

PreviousNext

Return to Questions