HOW DO I REACT? TO THIS

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

HOW DO I REACT? TO THIS

Postby breathe1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:50 am

Hi everyone, Firstly, I'm a newbie on the site and also ET but believe and practice ET, Buddhism, universal laws etc....

My dilemma? An experience has arisen which doesn't involve myself, but someone I know. This person maybe responsible for unspeakable things. I am shaken by this, and basically don't know how to think/see this situation. If I take action, any action will hurt other people.

I am so confused on how to deal with this?

Any thoughts appreciated..

b1
breathe1

Re: HOW DO I REACT? TO THIS

Postby lmp » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:47 am

Life can be difficult, eh. Not knowing any circumstances its difficult for me to know what to say about it really. Perhaps you have found someone to talk to?
lmp

Postby Clouded » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 am

What do you think would happen if you don't take action? Your post is very vague...
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby breathe1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi

I am to scared to give my thoughts any voice as they are that bad. If I don't take action, similar things may be happening to someone else. If i take action and I'm right, a lot of people would finally find peace and a lot of my very very close family would be devastated. If I take action and I'm wrong, still a lot of people will suffer.

I believe that situations are brought to our attention as I somehow have created this for one reason or another and there is a lesson to learn or to accept. The reasoning for how the universe works does not concern me as it is way beyond my understanding (believe me i have tried) so my practice is just dealing with it appropriately knowing that I am the reason it is exists.

Sorry, Im still being vague. All my friends/family are unconscious so I have no-one who would understand my questions? I know what advice they would give, therefore, I would only be freeing my own conscious/mind of any responsibility knowing that I have chosen to be unconscious about the decision? does that make sense....

Even reading this over, makes me confused to what is real and what is not? it is quite to clear to me at this moment that I have been living my life as if it just a flow, deal and move on. This works for me personally. Am I responsible for other people's experiences? For some reason or other i found myself watching a tv programme (sounds silly, but I usually avoid certain media) which i didn't switch over. The documentary didn't relate at first but does now. I remember coming across the info a while back and being frightened so didn't pursue anything further, and made decision just to accept and let it go (unconscious or conscious?). Now again, found myself looking again.

Does this make anymore sense? I am so sorry but sincerely I hope someone can give some advice on how to deal with this.

love and light
breathe1

Postby Phil2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 pm

breathe1 wrote:Does this make anymore sense? I am so sorry but sincerely I hope someone can give some advice on how to deal with this.

Do nothing at all ... inhabit your body ... keep quiet and aware ... and observe what happens ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby viking55803 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Both action and inaction have consequences and both involve a choice. There is a moral guide that might help - the Golden Rule: do to others what you would have others do to you. Another way to look at is to simplify the question: if a child is being abused and another is present and fails to act to prevent it is that person not also responsible? They are in the "eyes of the law" and though we may not need laws, rules or moral codes if everyone was conscious, that is not the world we live in. Whatever you do, act from love and compassion.
viking55803

Postby Clouded » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Every choice you make leads to an experience...I guess you could pick the action that would bring others the least amount of suffering but how would you know which choice is best? Other people's feelings put aside, what would you choose for yourself? Whatever problem it is, it looks like it is bothering you otherwise you wouldn't post it here.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby breathe1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you so much for your advice. All of it so valuable to me and I now know what to do.

L&L B1
breathe1

Postby Phil2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:44 pm

breathe1 wrote:All of it so valuable to me and I now know what to do.

Do you know what to 'do' ... or what to NOT do ?

??
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby lmp » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Is this perpetrator approachable for you and is there any chance of you educating the person about the unwanted behaviour in a beneficial manner?

(I didnt see your last comment as I wrote this. Well, good for you if you know what to do)
lmp

Postby breathe1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:10 pm

taking all the advice given.

I looked at the situation as it is now, no thinking of the future or the people involved. I will pass the information to the relevant people. My action is now taken. From here on, stay present..

to answer IMP: No...
l&LB1
breathe1

Postby epiphany55 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:48 am

As someone who has done what many would consider bad things (although I can't say if they are the same things you are speaking of), I was fortunate in that I quickly became fully conscious of the potential harm my actions may eventually cause and essentially "grew out of" that behaviour, without any intervention from others. A deep feeling of remorse essentially fuelled my awakening, allowing me to take a more compassionate look at the world and rebuild my sense of moral integrity.

Not everyone is as fortunate. Many continue to repeat their unconscious behaviour because they have simply not experienced this profound feeling of remorse. I can't take credit for the wake up call - it simply arose within me over time (thankfully quickly). I can't say where it arose from, but it put an end to what would have become harmful behaviour.

Whatever this person you know has done, it's possible they too simply need a "wake up call". The question is, can you help to initiate it alone?
Thought is the object, not the essence, of consciousness.
epiphany55

Return to Questions