How to Process Intuition

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Postby Clare » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:25 pm

barbarasher wrote:I find that as time goes by and I become wiser. I am able to listen more to my intuition more,...

It may be a process over time that will help you know when to listen to what and what are the various voices speaking in your/my/everyone's head.

It's always diffuclt with words on a screen, Barbara. The quotes above are what I read as saying that the experience of years, or moving through time assists in us accessing our intuition. I'd say wisdom does come with experience, but that intuition is much less sophisticated than wisdom: wisdom is knowing better, knowing what works; intuition is feeling something that could be out of your range of knowledge and trusting it will work.

But, you know? It could all just be opinion. And we may all be absolutely right! :lol:
Clare

Postby a_friend » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:25 pm

Clare wrote:That would be my life happening to me, wouldnt you say?

Clare: yes.

judiciuosly saying yes to what is :),
a friend
a_friend

Postby barbarasher » Mon May 09, 2005 1:30 pm

Hi! I am back from a long a fabulous vacation in the States.

I bought a lot of books and very highly recommend a new book called "Blink - The Power of Thinking without Thinking" by Malcolm Gladwell.

It tells very interesting stories and describes numerous scientifically researched results that prove how intuition is a very real entity and how it works.

It convinced me even more to "go with the gut".
barbarasher

Postby quitesane » Sun May 22, 2005 9:43 pm

Experience seems to indicate that there can be the direct knowlege of a thing that is hidden from mental perception by time or distance. There are complications which you have pointed out. In addition to intuition, use the path of consecrated action.

Let what is chosen arise from presence. Intuitive insight can arise here without complication. Then give it no thought - give it space instead. Be unattached to the outcome or fruit of the action or doing. Surrender or give yourself to the act (pointing). In other words, carry no resistance into it. Be present or aware as the doing happens and let your peace and grace flow into it. Then the "lunch" or "not lunch" has become a divine expression of love.

(I hope you got as much out of that as I did!)
Patrick

"Whatever works." - Tolle
quitesane

Postby Clare » Mon May 23, 2005 11:25 am

Thank you, Patrick

I suppose that would be an advancement on the idea that it is not what you choose, but why you choose. I can see this contains wisdom, but it also would require thought.

I got from what you are saying, it is, in fact, not what you choose, nor why you choose, but how you choose it. This only requires grace.

:)

Just as an edit: The lunch never happened. I put it off temporarily saying I was busy. My friend arranged it for another day, and then the guy she wanted me to see was also busy that day. Then it was simply forgotten about. So - the decision was taken over our heads. No need to think about it at all! :)
Clare

Postby quitesane » Thu May 26, 2005 5:17 am

Ah, yes... grace. Coincidetally, it rhymes with space. :)
Patrick

"Whatever works." - Tolle
quitesane

Postby heidi » Tue May 31, 2005 8:31 pm

I ran across this in an email today, and thought of this thread. Basically, remove duality and then you know...

Is It Intuition or Not?
More Guidance Solutions

Adapted from A Still, Small Voice, by Echo Bodine (New World Library, 2001).

The still, small voice of our intuition is a wonderful guide whenever we are faced with making decisions. But most of us hear conflicting advice in our minds: sometimes we may hear an angry voice that urges us to do one thing, while other mental comments make us feel guilty or ashamed. How can we figure out which is the voice of our wise intuition?

Simple Solution:

This helpful teacher has discovered one foolproof way to tell if the advice and opinions you hear in your mind are coming from your intuition, or from internalized voices from our past, or something else. Find out the simple test here:

Here’s a simple test for distinguishing if an internal message is coming from your intuition or from one of the other voices: Ask yourself if there’s an emotion attached to it. When the inner voice speaks, no matter what it has to tell us, it’s always calm and without emotion. Even when a message appears to be negative, if you can calm yourself down and really listen, you’ll sense the calmness in the voice and know that your intuition is speaking.

Sometimes when there are too many voices and too much pressure, you just have to take a walk and ask God to clear you of all the chattering voices and help you to see what’s best in this situation. Just focus on your gut and ask your question. You’ll get a feeling, an inner knowing, when you ask and pay attention to the answer and it will always feel like the right thing to do.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Clare » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:20 am

Thanks Heidi, for posting that. I only just read it today, and it's been a beautiful sychronicity. Because I was about to act on something in my personal life that I thought was intuition, and then I asked what emotions were attached to it and found there were a battalion of them. When I then asked for my intuitive voice, it gave me the simpler, less dramatic, tougher choice, that makes perfect sense

It works!

I want to add that 'no emotion' doesn't mean cold, It just means impartial. :)
Clare

Previous

Return to Questions