Importance of a community

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Importance of a community

Postby bobdylanfan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi there , hope your all well and much love to you . I have a question about spending time in community and how much more uncomfortable it can be to be around people that are letting everything be as it is. I guess in my mind i have the idea that if everybody in a community is constantly touching in with this peaceful, restful presence that you should just constantly feel calm and relaxed however this is not my experience. i feel like my mind goes completely nuts and i feel extreme anger , jealousy , desire, peace , love , everything. I can see it kinda seems easier to be by myself recognising this awarenesss everything just feels a bit tamer but i also want to spend time with people who share the same life and heart wish as me. I would love to hear any shares you might have about this .

Thanks very much xxxxxxx
bobdylanfan

Re: Importance of a community

Postby lmp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:02 pm

The worse our problems are, often the more lonely, isolated and secretive we are with them. Why? Probably due to shame and the fear of what others may think and the wish to be loved, somehow we think being normal is loveable. So we may shut up about our perversions and real or actual problems. Sometimes it can be wise not to be too explicit about certain things of course.

I doubt you will find a community where everybody's calm and relaxed all the time, but some tolerance and acceptance towards our problems brings a certain calm in itself doesnt it.

Spending time with people who are not eager to judge and blame can be a wonderful thing, don't you think. It's like having friends where you can be just the way you are, eh.
lmp

Return to Questions