Uni coming to an end - Where to go?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Uni coming to an end - Where to go?

Postby pbale » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi guys, it has been a while since I last wrote. I had a wonderful final year at university, meeting amazing people and experiencing bliss for the first time. Now that uni is almost over for me, I know that I want to take a year out of education and work, but I have no idea where to go. Somewhere that allows me to have my own space and freedom. Does anyone recommend or know of a place? I live in the UK at the moment and I did have my heart on travelling to India, but I know it is not necessary. I am truly lucky that I have discovered this at my age and during university, which has allowed me not to follow the sheep into a graduate scheme where I know I will be stuck. Any recommendations or places would be nice... I have been to Amsterdam twice and would love to be there, however it is an expensive city. Many thanks for your time, P Bale xx
pbale

Re: Uni coming to an end - Where to go?

Postby DavidB » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:58 am

Australia :D
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Sighclone » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:05 am

pbale - I read most of your posts in this forum and want to comment briefly on your "BSE" or big spiritual experience here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12905&p=117557#p117557
Because we live in a very busy society, experiences like that can get buried beneath the flurry of events in the daily grind. But the departure of the "bliss" does not dilute the significance of your "shift" or "deep glimpse." Even an hour or a day without the pounding cloying demands of the ego is very significant, and yes, synchronous events are part of the validation of that experience. I'm guessing that you can return to at least some of the essence of that experience in stillness, if not in formal meditation.

Whatever you do, continue your meditation practice, Or explore another one, Or watch your meditations change...pure awareness is our essence and the source of all thinking and experience.

Regarding travel, expect that the answer will come. Be sure your antennae are finely tuned and you listen to every intuitive nudge. The answer will become quite clear. As it does, sort of 'test" it for a couple of days to see if it holds up to a couple of nights of rest (unconscious mind working.)

Welcome to the forum -- I'm pleased that the fine members here were able to help you.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby CaiHong » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:33 am

Congrats Pbale on finishing Uni,

I suppose you are taking a gap year. So many places to go, your question invites more questions. What countries interest you? What's your budget? What do you hope to experience?
I am off on an 11 day holiday to Taiwan to cyle the east coast. I plan to listen to Eckhart Tolle along the way and implement his suggestions in my life. A sort of meditation travel holiday. I will be on my own and new to the area and without the language, looking forward to the challenge really. I have travelled a lot and it does get easier and more enjoyable the more I let the journey take me and watch. Travel light

Bon voyage
CaiHong
CaiHong

Return to Questions