Why do we have certain negative emotions at certain times

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Why do we have certain negative emotions at certain times

Postby jtightlips21 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:31 am

I find that this has been disturbing me for a while, but why we feel anger about one thing, feel depression or sadness about another, and/or feeling anxious or frightened about something else. Either way, all negative emotions are a result of some negativity in your life. Yet, each emotion seems to have a different outlook. Like I find with anger, there is very little acceptance. Anger is a kind of encouragement to fix or destroy negativities. While fear and sadness seem more accommodating and accepting of negativity.

For an analogy, say there is a tyrant in power. An angry person is going to fight to kick the tyrant off their throne. An anxious person is going to accommodate and do anything to keep the tyrant happy in order to keep safe. Now the depressed person is going to accept the tyrants power, by seeing it as just the way it is, or something they deserve.

Which I can understand the appeal of anger. Since it seems to take a more active role in correcting wrongs, rather than just accepting them. Yet I also wonder why we can feel the different emotions at different times, or even more than one emotion at the same time.
jtightlips21

Re: Why do we have certain negative emotions at certain time

Postby Fore » Sat May 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Fore

Return to Questions