Kundalini

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Kundalini

Postby TommyF » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi,

In brief I have had a huge amount of suppressed energy come to the surface over the last few years. It culminated with a suicide attempt a couple of years ago. I went on antidepressants and have been slowly making my way back. Everything I have read / watched from Eckhart has been so helpful, thank you so much. I have faced so many blocks and fears and after having been off the antidepressants for nearly a year now, felt like I was really making progress.

This weekend just gone I had a strange dream but the message that I got from it is that I should do some kundalini yoga. I have a dvd which Ive dipped in to a couple of times but nothing more. So the other morning I really went for it and had a 30 minute intensive session. I had been feeling a bit wobbly at times over the previous week anyway but a few hours after the session I started to feel really anxious and low.

I would choose to believe that I have just brought a huge wave of supressed emotional energy to the surface to be cleared so really Im just looking for some reassurance. I am doing my best to stay awake and just be with and experience whats going on inside but the worried part of my mind is saying that I am descending back in to a very dark place.

Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Love and light
Tom
TommyF

Re: Kundalini

Postby kiki » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:00 pm

I suggest you find someone online that is well versed in kundalini and how to handle its ramifications. I have heard, however, Adyashanti advise people who have activated the kundalini force to do as you are doing, watching what happens without resistance. Somewhere on his website is an audio where he talks about this, but I don't know which one it is or if it's still available. Here is his site: http://www.adyashanti.org/index.php?file=teachings

Welcome to the forum,
kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Welcome to the forum TommyF. There are many ways to approach your life experience. A good kundalini teacher could be helpful. I suggest taking the larger view. As eternal beings, whatever takes place in this life is just a temporary experience that will eventually contribute to our conscious evolution. That makes whatever experience we have, even if painful, okay to have. If we see it that way (the larger view), then we resist it less than we otherwise would. Experience will bear this out. Most of our pain comes not from the conditions in our life but from our resistance to them.

If something happens and we say "no, no'', it brings a more painful and contracted experience than if we go "oh well", which is much less invested and frees us to move on. It helps us be more expansive. This is a characteristic of the larger view. I realize it is a bit simplistic, but it is quite effective over time.

Consider this: Our feelings/emotions are our guide to (a better/more enjoyable) life. It's not a bad thing to feel bad from the larger view. It is just a feeling message (our primary teacher in life) telling us there is something amiss in our consideration/perception of the conditions that trouble us. Feeling around for a thought/perspective that feels better than the one we are holding leads us back to more clarity and peace in being. Over time, and with practice/repetition, we reprogram our automatic responses toward the natural expansion of the larger view and away from the troublesome contraction of painful beliefs and assumptions.

Explore the value of the larger view in life. Feel it out. There is no depression there. There is however, freedom.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby TommyF » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:15 am

Thank you both for taking the time to reply, it is much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Tom
TommyF

Postby bastian » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi Tom,

I was very depressive for many years and had at some point (when I was REALLY willing to let go off anything - briefly: when I was ready to die) an immense spiritual awakening. I had a classic kundalini awakening from the spine to beyond my head into transcendence. I'm still in the transformational period but I think I can give you some clues in case you should "be walked" this way.

Every kundalini awakening seems to be different but it will be something between torture and incredible bliss: when the kundalini arises it will be last fight the ego can have. And it will try to survive by all means. The same time you allowed an immense holy force to come to your aid. It depends on how you struggle and resist.

So in a way - the worse you are off in your life - the easier the kundalini can transform you :wink:

Well I could write 10 pages now about what happened to me, but I want to give you a quick conclusion:

HAVE TRUST!

You can't decide anyway. When the time has come your life will find a way to have the kundalini arise. And if this happens remember this: Whatever you face, however deep you may seem to fall - in the end there is always love. I've had dozens of superconscious states, I start to perceive the world more and more as vibration, super weird things happen. I have no clue what's going on, but

*** all lessons that I went through show me again and again one thing: In the end there is always unbelievable beauty and love ***

Have trust Tom, have trust :)

I love you,

Bastian

PS:

Oh yes one important final note: be humble. The more humble you are, the less painful your way will be.
bastian

Return to Questions