Resisting ego

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Resisting ego

Postby 51sth » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:55 pm

Has anyone else had this kind of, similar, experience in their life that you have believed that ego is something to get rid off and you realize that in that moment when you think you notice your ego and are going to make your magic to be present again there is this slight resistance which condemns ego? You can go being present, but this small resistance is there before that.
51sth

Re: Resisting ego

Postby dijmart » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:04 am

My advice...forget about ego. I use to think you had to wage war on the ego, rid yourself of it, ect. Complete nonsense...waging war on it will make it stronger by giving it attention. It's thought/mind, you can't rid yourself of thought. Get present, you are presense itself, you are awareness itself. See what comes and goes, see what is ever changeful...none of it is ..you! So ..you...are not..ego...anyways.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby dijmart » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Btw, it's only ego that would want to get rid of ego! :)
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:46 pm

I think I know what you mean. Like micro resistances that crop up all the time in life?

I say accept it all. Whatever arises in as the content of this moment is something to accept. Including any resistance or non-resistance in whatever form it takes. It doesn't need any logic or reason. Just embrace it as though it were a gift from an intelligence infinitely more perception than our own.
EnterZenFromThere

Return to Questions