Difficulty integrating back into the world of forms

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Difficulty integrating back into the world of forms

Postby blondeeberry » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi all :)

I attended a weekend-long silent meditation retreat 2 weeks ago and it had a profound effect on my life. When I came back to the city, I landed on Youtube videos of Eckhart's teachings and every single word of his resonated with me and reinforced the spirituality I reconnected with. I have truly had an awakening and love the new (true!) me :)

I feel like I'm going through a huge transition period, which is great because I was/am ready for change. I'm just wondering if anyone else is or has experienced difficulty functioning in the world of forms once they've been awakened?

I am very comfortable with new/true self however my difficulty appears in not wanting to do some of the activities that I used to do, not because they are "bad", but because I am fearful of distracting myself from this new found deep sense of peace. Things like going dancing or socializing feel like high vibrational activities to me and I'm in such a zen, low frequency right now which feels so good. I had a very strong ego (it's much less now, yay!) which was so obvious once I stepped outside of it and took a look at it, I'm just afraid that something will trigger me and I will fall into old patterns and "fall asleep" again.

Any shared experiences or advice would be a great help.

Light & love xo
blondeeberry

Re: Difficulty integrating back into the world of forms

Postby kiki » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:17 am

I am very comfortable with new/true self however my difficulty appears in not wanting to do some of the activities that I used to do, not because they are "bad", but because I am fearful of distracting myself from this new found deep sense of peace.

That fear is just another thought, and you are investing that thought with the energy that it's true. But here are some suggestions: Begin with simple things, even if it's just walking outside, but with whatever you do let that be the only thing you do. In other words, be fully present with just that activity. Let that activity act as a sort of mantra, something to return to when you discover your mind has strayed into other things. This works really well with chores around the house, or in bathing and grooming. You will find the sense of stillness and peace remains. This will give you confidence to extend this same idea into more active things, like dancing. When you dance, just dance with total involvement, feeling the joy of movement to music.

While talking or socializing, begin with being completely present with what's happening, or what someone is saying to you. Be fully attentive to what they are saying without waiting to jump in with a response. That is a rare gift because usually people are already formulating their response while the other person is still talking. By giving them this silent gift you will be anchored in the stillness of being, and it is from this place that our best response comes.

By the way, welcome to the forum,
kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby DavidB » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:31 am

Hi,

There can be a period of elation associated with realization. This elation though wears off and then you can be left feeling as though you have fallen back into unconscious patterns. Falling back into unconscious patterns can happen of course and often do, but there is now a new dimension that is always accessible to you. Don't go searching for the elation however, as that will start another pattern of unconsciousness.

Part of awakening is "not minding what happens". This means that there are no conditions, or states of mind or consciousness, that need to be fulfilled in order to be at peace.

There really is nothing you need to do on the level of awakening, your fundamental nature is that already. So the only work we really do, is to be aware of the dysfunctional personality that might cause unconsciousness, pain and suffering. Just be more interested in how you feel, rather than what's happening. How you feel will tell you when old patterns are emerging. These usually feel like a contraction, an uncomfortable feeling, sudden stress, anxiety or fear. The best thing about that, is that those feelings become an ally in growth, as they reveal the patterns that cause unconsciousness. Nothing needs to be done though when we feel them, we simply become aware of them, and that is enough for them to dissolve.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby blondeeberry » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:07 am

Thank you friends <3 What I am getting from your responses is that if ever I feel "lost" I can always return to my essence in an instant by being present, peace will always be found at the foundation of that presence. As Eckhart says, "It's not what you do, it's HOW you do it" so as long as I continue to practice being present and practice stillness, I will always find my way "back" because I can never truly get lost now that I have been awakened :)

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the reminder & reassurance <3
blondeeberry

Postby kiki » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Yes.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Return to Questions