Describe your daily practice ?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Describe your daily practice ?

Postby bobdylanfan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi guys hope you all well. I just wondered what your daily practice is and if you would like to share it or describe to us. Whether its a kind of mediation, self inquiry or whatever. Im very new to this game and would love any pointers.

Thanks alot , much love.
bobdylanfan

Re: Describe your daily practice ?

Postby CaiHong » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:02 am

Hi Bobdylanfan fan,
Good enquiry, I have been wondering about how people implement the practice of consciousness into their daily lives as well. I usually wake up early around five and lie in bed with my thoughts trying not to follow them down the rabbit hole, then I will go to my recovery forum, read posts and perhaps post myself then checkin with this forum and usually listen to Eckhart Tolle, 30 minutes of aerobic exercise. I usually do these things with awareness of each movement or thought.

This is my favourite time of the day, I listen to classical music online, opera and choral, grind some coffee beans and enjoy a home brew. I plan my day and enjoy the feeling of, "all is right with the world" , the coffee Instills in me albeit it fleetingly.
Then it seems to go downhill from there, throughout the day when I remember I bring myself back to awareness of thoughts and actions.
Yesterday didn't work out so well for me, I tried to listen to someone who needed to talk, I sat down and gave my attention to what was being said and just ended up frustrated and angry at the person. This person has a history of mental illness, what they say doesn't make any sense to me and I care enough to to try to understand but I can't.
I have digressed but it's what is on my mind and I needed to say it.

CaiHong
CaiHong

Postby bobdylanfan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:15 am

Thanks CaiHong it shoulds like your definetly on the right track i could share with you some stuff i listen to and do and maybe that will help.

I wake up and sit and relax and allow everything to be as it is. This vid might help https://youtu.be/zf-cOu2UjW0

i also use self enquiry asking this question here https://youtu.be/j4nDvnzhg6o

And then just last week i found this video from Bashar , i really recommend listening to some of his stuff whether you believe the back story or not he has some great wisdom and ive found this particular video very helpful at the moment https://youtu.be/4zNUtKrCLi0

Hope this helps , big love brother.
bobdylanfan

Postby Onceler » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:59 am

I wake up around 5:30, do some reading, drink mate, then do 30 minutes of Qi Gong. If I have time, like on the weekend, I'll do a Qi Gong meditation called small universe, which I find very helpful....especially for physical complaints. And I like know he buzz or glow I get from it. I will do a self inquiry that I have done for the last 4 years and which has radically changed my life.....asking, "how does it feel to be me?" I don't really need to do this, as I feel it has already done its work and initiated a transformation that has continued throughout this period, but it is a ritual of getting in touch with my true self.

I have a typically busy day and if I sleep in and miss this practice I really feel it's absence.....I have less energy, less awareness, etc. With the practice I am more apt to get into flow, a period where I am just immersed in my work, life, and I find enjoyment in the everyday problems and "stuff" that arises.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby ashley72 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:32 pm

I usually start my day with a coffee & a couple of pieces of toast. Seems to work for me.
ashley72

Postby rachMiel » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:45 pm

My "practice" consists of reading, contemplating, and sitting meditation (when it feels right).

I used to strive to carry my practice into everyday life via mindfulness. But it didn't work. Now I think of it like golf. You need to spend time at the driving range to nurture your swing. But when you're on the course, you simply play golf.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:43 am

I usually start out with a reminder to self that life is entirely too important to be taken seriously. :mrgreen:

WW
Webwanderer

Postby DavidB » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:09 am

I like WW's start to the day. :wink:

I usually start the day with a coffee, catch up on a few things on the internet (avoiding the news). I don't have any particular practice I follow. I generally treat my entire life as a meditation, rather than mediation being something I formally do. I've always got projects going, as for example at the moment I'm building a decking at the rear of my house and have a car restoration in early stages. I often listen to Eckhart in the car while driving. I try and get a bit of exercise daily. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Return to Questions