Law of attraction vs Letting it be as it is

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Law of attraction vs Letting it be as it is

Postby bobdylanfan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Hey guys, ive recently watched some videos about law of attraction and have found it quite interesting . It seems our thoughts influence our actions we put out into the universe and that can attract similar things with the same vibration, meaning in theory we attract more of what we think about, good or bad. This seems to kind of conflict with not controlling your thoughts whatsover and letting everything be as it is .

I guess law of attraction seems to good to maybe attract material things and people but can it attract the peacefulness and fulfillment that ive only seen available in presence.

Whats your opinions on all this ?

Thankyou

Love
bobdylanfan

Re: Law of attraction vs Letting it be as it is

Postby bobdylanfan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:51 pm

Ah i just found some info about it here, this clears up alot :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11320&p=96406&hilit=law+of+attraction#p96406
bobdylanfan

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:53 am

:wink: you mean it was there all the time & just needed you to open yourself up to it / allow yourself to find/see it :P

very cute!

but can it attract the peacefulness and fulfillment that ive only seen available in presence.

As above it can only open you up to what is already there.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby DavidB » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:56 am

We live in a universe of polarity. A much better source of wisdom than "Law of Attraction", is the Tao de ching.

My personal favorite is this video https://youtu.be/UxEvRoAaYBM tao de ching read by Stephen Mitchell (Byron Katie's husband).

:)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:06 am

Consider David, that the 'wisdom' of Law of Attraction, is from Source Itself. Not sure you can get better. I suggest that it all works together however. It may be that your preference for The Tao is simply a matter of 'attraction'...and if it brings you greater clarity, then it may be a wise choice indeed.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby bobdylanfan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Thanks guys I'm just about to order the Tao te Ching after it was recommended by Wayne dyer.

I want to use this example of a situation and see what you think. I was just down in a restaurant with my family and there was a very sweet and pretty waitress serving us. Immediately my mind started racing and I was thinking about gettin her number asking her out for a drink etc. So I was weighing it all up, why do I want to for a drink with her ? It's a bit too rude to ask her out while she's working and just being her nice polite self? Maybe she has a boyfriend? Etc etc. I came to the conclusion that if there was an opportunity to speak to her when we were leaving I would ask her out. There's wasn't :) she disappeared into the kitchen and that was that.

If i had just let everything be as it is then most likely I wouldn't have acted at all I would be comfortable feel at peace and fulfilled without having to speak to this girl.

Playing out the scenarios in my head kind of gave more body and realism to the option of asking her out but was also playing into the idea that she could give me something I don't already have.

So I guess I get confused as to when to act on stuff like that, with something like that there's a big part of me that loves woman and thoroughly enjoys their company, being in a relationship, sex etc and it seems that you have to actively make a move or action to communicate and make the meeting happen.

What's ur thoughts on this ?

Thanks xxx
bobdylanfan

Postby DavidB » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:44 am

Webwanderer wrote:Consider David, that the 'wisdom' of Law of Attraction, is from Source Itself. Not sure you can get better. I suggest that it all works together however. It may be that your preference for The Tao is simply a matter of 'attraction'...and if it brings you greater clarity, then it may be a wise choice indeed.

WW

Yes, I am definitely attracted to the Tao more than the law of attraction. :wink:

I was going to make a point with that last post and must have forgotten to add it.

When I live in acceptance, everything is a kind of positive, which is to say, nothing is wrong, everything is as it ought to be, I don't mind what happens. So from that perspective, there is no positive nor negative, there is only what is. And living in a universe of polarity means that if for a while things a going quite positively, then for a while things will not be going so positively. The negative and positive polarity comes together, not separate, oscillating in waves.

Also, from our limited human perspective, we are not capable of seeing the larger picture, and therefore don't really know what is best for us, or what the universe has in mind. We all desire a good life, with much abundance, but a good life with much abundance may not be what we need.

But we do tend to color our experience of reality by the perspective we have of it. For example, if I think everybody is an idiot and untrustworthy, then I will tend to create those relationships, which will validate my perspective, in a negative feedback loop. Conversely when I treat people kindly and positively, then that is generally what I get back, and life is sweet. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Onceler » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:04 pm

I have noticed that when fear leaves, we are left with a life without fear and the things fear attracts..... or just life, which is attractive.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Return to Questions