Intensity of being in the now

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Intensity of being in the now

Postby bobdylanfan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Hey guys I wanted to ask you opinion on something and perhaps you could share anything you think might be helpful . The last few days I have experienced such an intense energy in myself through asking self inquiry questions I have realised that all I really am is this knowing, this consciousness, and although I have heard that so many times it's only now that I realise it.

Anyways it's been pretty bloody scary at times but also beautiful and timeless. I find so drawn to my guitar and music and have been singing and creating like never before, I seem to completely lose track of time and also don't really care about what I need to do for the day. This worries me a bit and I also feel a bit lost on how to act.

Is this a normal stage in the process ??

Should I just allow and go with it ?

How was it before, during and after for your guys ?

Thankyou
bobdylanfan

Re: Intensity of being in the now

Postby lmp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi,

if we take a simple statement like the following quote and use it as a reference to look at your/our questions:

"the idea is not to be perfect as a body-mind, the idea is to know the source of happiness in oneself and to express that happiness in ones own unique way, to the best of ones ability" - Rupert Spira

I would say you are describing a (form of) knowing of the source of happiness in oneself, at the moment its expressing itself in your music and probably in other ways too, and finally there is some fear/apprehension which is the part about 'to the best of ones ability.

I think its useful to consider or talk about 1. in what manner is the happiness present in us or in life 2. how does or can it express itself in or as or through us and 3. What are we referring to when we feel unable, or what are we referring to when we say it is not present, what is it that is present 'instead' of the happiness.
lmp

Re: Intensity of being in the now

Postby dijmart » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:30 am

I seem to completely lose track of time and also don't really care about what I need to do for the day. This worries me a bit and I also feel a bit lost on how to act.

Eckhart says our primary purpose is to awaken and our secondary purpose is our life situation. However, you can do both, as many householders would not be able to take care of their families and awaken if they didn't do their worldly duties. So, keep track of time when necessary, do what needs done for the day...this will prevent unnecessary worry and losing track of your secondary purpose. How you will act...don't force anything, be yourself, be you! If the social situation calls for talking, then talk, if it calls for listening, then listen, but don't "try" to be anything or anyone other then who you naturally are.

Awakening is usually a process with setbacks, keep at it regardless, the mind will throw curves balls at you. Just know it's (ego) trying to fight for its existence, that's all.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Questions