Why do we have to trust in life?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Postby Cristina » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:02 pm

Cristina

Re: Why do we have to trust in life?

Postby dijmart » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:20 pm

You ARE life itself! You ARE the present moment! There is nothing but you. You are every-thing and no-thing.To think you are just a seperate person who needs to trust something is the illusion. With that being said this life will still get lived, but if you see there isn't a seperate you who is doing it, that's the freedom. The end of suffering. Challenges will still arise that the "person" has to deal with, but there's space to allow it to unfold... know its consciousness playing, it's impersonal.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Cristina » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:09 am

I do not understand the universe's plans for me...
Cristina

Postby dijmart » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:08 am

Do you know what thought you will have a minute from now? No, of course not. So, how could you know how your life will unfold? It's just life, it unfolds on its own in the now. You can make plans, but that guarantees nothing. Understanding is limited, some things we in human form may never fully understand. It's ok. Let your mind know it's ok to not understand the universes plans for you. Anything else sets up the mind on a hamster wheel of endless "why" questions, usually unanswerable. Find out what you really are, that will answer your deepest question of all.
dijmart

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:58 am

Cristina wrote:I do not understand the universe's plans for me...

What plans does the parent of explorers of unique worlds (of experience) have for their children? Especially when the parent is an explorer as well?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Cristina » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:16 pm

And if you are tired exploring the world with no reward...
Actually, receiving painfull experiences or receiving nothing in return..
Cristina

Postby dijmart » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Cristina wrote:And if you are tired exploring the world with no reward...

Perhaps the desire for exploring is burning itself out? Or actually youre just tired of the painful experiences, but would be quite pleased with good feeling experiences? There is a difference.
dijmart

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Cristina wrote:And if you are tired exploring the world with no reward...

Then take a break from the big plans and play with your dog... or someone else's dog. Have some fun doing something you like. Enjoyment is the only real reward. Focus on the simple things. Hug a child. Taste some fresh fruit deeply and completely. Bask in the beauty of a flower. The simple things. There are millions of them. Hold them in your feeling nature for a while and move on to another, and another. Build some momentum. Explore how some things bring you happiness and what those things are and what they have in common.

Learn to love the simple things and make that exploration primary in your life. Discount this at your own peril and missing a genuinely effective path to enjoyable experience. What you focus on, feeling wise, expands in your experience. Denial produces one experience, openness another. This is the true path of exploration. It's not of this land or that. It's of this experience or that and how it manifests in our life. Focus of attention and emotional feedback is key. Let it guide you.

Here in lies a great point. You are receiving plenty in return. You just don't like what that return feels like. Getting to know what you do like starts with the simple things. Don't reach too far and expect changes that are too large for your current conditional state. Start with enjoying the dog or the cat or the sunset or the laughter of a child. This is where the path to joy begins. Focus on the simple things and the larger ones will come around in their own time. Explore for yourSelf

WW
Webwanderer

Postby DavidB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:29 am

Cristina wrote:Why do we have to trust in life?

You don't have to trust in life, you can not trust life and experience the consequent suffering that arises out of that resistance.

:)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Cristina » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:15 pm

thank you dijmart, WW and DavidB

Webwanderer wrote:Then take a break from the big plans and play with your dog... or someone else's dog. Have some fun doing something you like. Enjoyment is the only real reward. Focus on the simple things.

I know this is the best thing to do...and sometimes I do, but something Always happen to change my focus again.

DavidB wrote:You don't have to trust in life, you can not trust life and experience the consequent suffering that arises out of that resistance.

yes...I am resisting everything that happens in my life...

I do not like what is happening, so many times...so I can feel this resistance.
I do not know how to accept it. It is like I am here to accept this because it Always happens...but i cannot accept. And I ask for different results and the same situation happens again.. I can see the next end. I feel bad because I think I know what is the next result because it is the same always. I want to believe that it will change but nothing.......And, when sometimes I start to believe in something new, things change again and the same result happens

:(
Cristina

Postby Cristina » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Is it worth fighting for something you want?
I am Always fighting...maybe it is not the correct attitude.
I believe I can change the situation with all my heart...the intentions are clear, positive, good intentions...but I cannot change it...

I do not understand.
Cristina

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Cristina wrote:I know this is the best thing to do...and sometimes I do, but something Always happen to change my focus again.

Many of us have been there, perceiving conditions with a kind of expectation that they always fail to provide what we want. It's entrainment and conditioning that can be hard to break. Don't make a big deal out of falling back into a conditioned focus of attention. It's likely to happen and making issue simply perpetuates it. Just reset your focus - one time, or a thousand. It will become automatic with time and practice. It's a new conditioning you are setting if you will be consistent in your reset.

It is a frequent teaching in the awakening consciousness movement to watch your thoughts. This has two purposes. The first is to recognize you are not what you think. Thinking is content within what you are - which is consciousness being (human in this case). The second is so that, when you become aware of a discordant thought, you can purposefully choose another. One that leads in an experiential direction that you prefer.

Reading your dialog tells me that you are more focused on the lack of what you want than the presence of it.

"I do not like what is happening, so many times...so I can feel this resistance.
I do not know how to accept it. It is like I am here to accept this because it Always happens...but i cannot accept. And I ask for different results and the same situation happens again.. I can see the next end. I feel bad because I think I know what is the next result because it is the same always. I want to believe that it will change but nothing.......And, when sometimes I start to believe in something new, things change again and the same result happens
:("

If this is representative of your common thought content it's no wonder you're in such a state. This focus of attention only leads to more of this focus of attention and the inevitable results. It is self entrainment or conditioning. Understand, there is nothing wrong here. There is only the natural result of emotionally charged thought and attention manifesting experience relevant to that particular focus of thought/emotion energy.

Take a different path. One that is emotionally charged with love and appreciation. I understand that you can't love and appreciate what you dislike and causes you pain at this point, but you can find things to love and appreciate as I suggested before. What this does is primes the pump of more favorable energy to begin flowing into your direct experience.

You have within you all the answers you need. Your True Self, your greater nature, has a vested interest in your/Its human life experience. You are an extension of that Self after all. The only division is born of misunderstood belief in separation. Understanding the answers and guidance you seek comes through mentally quiet alignment with that greater awareness. Without it you will likely feel lost when experiencing painful conditions.

Learning to find relaxed, non-verbal love and appreciation, even in the small things in life, resets the conditions where alignment connects you, and then natural insight can flow into your awareness. Cultivate that quiet alignment at every opportunity.

That aligned insight will guide you toward the path of joy and happiness in the greater issues that concern you. It is a lifelong process. Learning to read emotions will help a lot. Meanwhile be patient. Play with the dog. Enjoy a refreshing breeze. Hug someone you love. This is where the groundwork is laid for a wonderful life experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Cristina » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Thank you WW for the repply... so nice to hear these words...

I dont understand only what is this" natural result...manifesting experience relevant to that particular focus...?"
i am not attracting these things, right? I am only paying attention to these kind of results so I can see only these results? or I am attracting these results...Im afraid i am the responsible for these not wanted things... :(

"Understand, there is nothing wrong here. There is only the natural result of emotionally charged thought and attention manifesting experience relevant to that particular focus of thought/emotion energy."

Thank You so much
Cristina

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:49 pm

Cristina wrote:I dont understand only what is this" natural result...manifesting experience relevant to that particular focus...?"
i am not attracting these things, right? I am only paying attention to these kind of results so I can see only these results? or I am attracting these results...Im afraid i am the responsible for these not wanted things...

If you go to your garden, and plant tomatoes, the 'natural result' is going to be a crop of tomatoes. If you go to your creative field of life and plant energized ideas, the natural result will be the experience of those particular ideas in the conditions of your life. If you focus on fear, you will become more 'naturally' fearful. If you focus on optimism, you will become more 'naturally optimistic. The manifestation you get is relative to what is planted in the growing medium, whether it be the soil for tomatoes, or life energy for life experience.

Understand, life conditions are neutral. There is no inherent meaning in what manifests as conditions or events. What meaning seems to exist is unique to each of us as we apply meaning and judgment to what we perceive. This is a good thing. It gives each of us an important measure of control over our life experience. We can choose how we perceive conditions and events with purpose and intent. We can decide what matters more and what matters less thereby not being so controlled by conditions, but rather controlling our experience of those conditions.

I once read that we are slaves of our past and masters of our future. The present is the inevitable experience of our own creations. Knowing this is power. Of course many of our choices are not so conscious as they are habitual through past conditioning. Here again is where watching thought is helpful.

Becoming aware of spinning and self-deprecating thoughts is very educational on how we perpetuate negatively charged experience. Thinking something like "I am such a dummy" is an identification thought that is creative to a certain kind of experience. One, it is identifying with a particular thought, and two, it is a limiting and pain charged belief. Learn to recognize these spinning thoughts when they arise. For most of us they are common. Remember always, you are not your thoughts. They are content within you as is all experience.

Again, there is nothing wrong with negative thought, so don't go thinking you are a dummy for believing you are a dummy. (personally been there, done that) Thought constructs can be very clever. When you see them, just let them go. Drop them like a hot potato and move on to something more in line with how you prefer to feel. Appreciation and love and joy are very aligning. Cultivate thoughts and experiences that bring more of this into your life. You likely can't kill these old thought patterns. You can however, replace them with practice and repetition and create a much more enjoyable life experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Cristina » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Thank you so much WW.

"Understand, life conditions are neutral. There is no inherent meaning in what manifests as conditions or events."

I am starting to agree with these words above.

and i do not believe in law of attraction...i do not think we have so much power to make things happen.
i spent so many years of my life trying to understand this Loa...but i will stop to think abou it
. we only can feel better if we focus our attention to things that make we feel good.

Maybe i need to learn to accept things as they are.
Cristina

Next

Return to Questions