Why do we have to trust in life?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Re: Why do we have to trust in life?

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:51 pm

Cristina wrote:and i do not believe in law of attraction...i do not think we have so much power to make things happen.

I would suggest that this is like saying you don't believe in the law of gravity.

i do not think we have so much power to make things happen.

I don't disagree with this thought. We can't so much make things happen as to allow them to. Just as it's wise to allow things to be as they are, we can also allow them to change in the direction of our preference.

Consider, power of a creative nature comes from Source as Source energy. The power in a magnifying glass to create heat is the power to focus energy from the the sun. The glass isn't the source of the energy, only the focusing agent. In the same way consciousness is the focusing agent through which the creative power of Source energy flows.

That said if a magnifying glass is not focused properly no additional heat will be formed. It's somewhat the same with consciousness. Most of us are a mixed bag of beliefs and desires. While we may want a thing intently, it may also be that we fear or believe we will not get it. Such a conflicted focus is only likely to create conflicted results. There are all manor of conflicted beliefs lurking in our deeper consciousness that are difficult to recognize and even more difficult to root out.

It's the old idea of a fish being unaware that it is living in water. The environment is so familiar that it goes unnoticed.
Maybe i need to learn to accept things as they are.

A good first step. As long as we're pushing against what is we are unlikely to see the path to our true happiness. Quiet alignment provides an atmosphere for insight to flow for that path to become more clear.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Cristina » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:03 am

Thank you again WW..

we can also allow them to change in the direction of our preference.

and in the cases when to achieve your preferences...other people are involved, one person or a lot of people for example.
Is it possible to change things to the direction of our preferences ...maybe it will happen only if all people involved have the same preferences?
and if what is good for you is not the preference of other people involved. I am not saying that your preference would be dangerous or unpleasant for the other people, but each person has their own preferences...path, wishes...
Cristina

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:36 am

Cristina wrote:Is it possible to change things to the direction of our preferences ...maybe it will happen only if all people involved have the same preferences?

Maybe. But again, people are a mixed bag of energies and focus. Trying to control what others preferences are is likely to be a fools errand. Some 'things' are beyond your control on this level. It's challenge enough getting a hold on your own focus. That's why acceptance is such a key component in finding a happy life experience. Pushing against what we don't want only causes tension and often pain.

and if what is good for you is not the preference of other people involved. I am not saying that your preference would be dangerous or unpleasant for the other people, but each person has their own preferences...path, wishes...

Who's to say what is ultimately good? The only real clarity on that comes through how any given condition in life feels. If a desire or result does not bring you happiness, can we indeed say it is good? Follow your emotions. It may take a little practice and experience, but it will be your most reliable guide to what is best. The better it feels in the quiet of your being, the more likely it is to be what is best.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Cristina » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:43 am

Thank you so much WW
:)
Cristina

Previous

Return to Questions