Repetitive cycles - Life

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Repetitive cycles - Life

Postby starting » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi :)

I was wondering about how to break repetitive cycles in Life.
When you do not like AND do not understand why these cycles are repetitive in your life.

"lessons will be repeated until learned"?

And if you do not know what do you have to learn...or if you think you have already learned the lesson...but it is still happening?
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji
starting

Re: Repetitive cycles - Life

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:00 am

I don't like the term "lessons". It's used by many to denote a form of "karma" that we inherit from past lives which to me, is a crock of doodoo.

Instead, another way to look at it, is to consider that we choose aspects of experience to explore and perhaps, if we don't gain the insight that we incarnated here to gain during a given experience, we will have multiple other opportunities to gain this insight throughout the course of our life time.

So, therefore, it might appear that lessons are appearing over and over again, but in all likely hood, they are just opportunities for insight into a particular area of exploration that we were curious about exploring that will keep coming up in this life, until we feel we have gained what we needed to gain from the experience.

Just how I see it.
Enlightened2B

Return to Questions