OCD

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

OCD

Postby mrhopeful » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:50 am

Hi all,

May I ask how to understand better my disorder of OCD through the teachings of Eckhart Tolle?
Has anyone here have had OCD and have gotten better/cured through his teachings?

Any feedback/opinions is greatly greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,
Wai Meng.
mrhopeful

Re: OCD

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Not necessarily through Eckhart per say. But, I can tell you about my own situation. I don't have OCD. Yet, I do have compulsive thinking patterns and many of us do believe it or not.

I don't feel Eckhart's teachings are enough to work through very strong patterns of compulsion. Inner child work is an area that I'm currently working with and I feel it resonates on a deeper level, because most of our compulsive tendencies stem from an effort to control and controlling, possessiveness, and the like all stem from emotional patterns that are often blocked stemming from childhood more often than not.

Eckhart's teachings are a great starting point, no doubt. But, those emotions need to be expressed if you have deep patterns that are consistent in your life. Not everyone needs to go through this and for many of us, Eckhart's teachings combined with an awareness throughout the day of your life is more than enough.

But, some of us, like myself and you, have deeper patterns I feel that need stronger emotional work to allow those blocked emotions to flow through.

I believe inner child work is the answer to OCD and the like, in the form of expressing and releasing those emotions.

Let me know if you need any additional info, such as finding a therapist, etc.
Enlightened2B

Return to Questions