Connecting to Inner Body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Connecting to Inner Body

Postby RainisK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Dear fellow souls,

I have been reading Eckhart's "Power of Now".

In the book he talks about connecting to Inner Body and different portals to make it happen.

Whenever I am taken over by thought and then become consious, I feel tension in my Solar Plexus area. I then focus on that feeling and become present. I feel still and deep relaxation in my Solar Plexus area and throughout my body. I have been trying to stay connected to this feeling throughout the day, and feeling relaxed. Is this a portal to Inner Body and becoming Fully Present, or is my mind playing tricks with me?

English is not my first language, I hope I have made myself intelligible.

Thanking you in advance,
Rainis.
RainisK

Re: Connecting to Inner Body

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:10 pm

RainisK wrote:Whenever I am taken over by thought and then become consious, I feel tension in my Solar Plexus area. I then focus on that feeling and become present. I feel still and deep relaxation in my Solar Plexus area and throughout my body. I have been trying to stay connected to this feeling throughout the day, and feeling relaxed. Is this a portal to Inner Body and becoming Fully Present, or is my mind playing tricks with me?

Anything that brings a clearer sense of conscious presence is worth further exploration. There are lots of formulas one can follow. Whatever works, until it doesn't, is the right one. Be ready however, to move on to something more appropriate when that something new better serves you.

Welcome to the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: Connecting to Inner Body

Postby DavidB » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:17 am

There are many realizations that occur when we start seeking, and we realize these things in our own time and at our own pace.

Connecting to the inner body is a doorway into presence. We utilize these techniques like inner body awareness and meditation to quieten the mind and get used to being present. When we get used to being present, and know presence as a natural state of being, then techniques are no longer necessary. :wink:

Welcome.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Return to Questions