Pain

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Pain

Postby Justwondering » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi all,

Saw ET talking about the ego feeling the pain of rejection in a relationship - "he did it to ME".

What if I "turned up the volume" - for arguments sake, how would ET react if I punched him in the face? Or, if he wound up in prison and was sodomised daily. Or, if he had his child abducted from him.

Just wondering what ET would say?
Justwondering

Re: Pain

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Why single out just Tolle? What would Jesus say? Or Siddhartha, or Lao Tzu, or any of the many other wise teachers of past or present? What would they say under such difficult conditions? What do you think would be the best they could offer? What is the best that you can offer? Where can we find the inspiration to offer the best within us?

Understand, you may not be able at present to reach the heights of response that some who have a lifetime of practice may reach. But you can do better than the pain you may have now - if only a little. And if not in this moment, then the next or the one after that. It's not becoming immediately awakened to some high standard that matters most. It is moving in a direction of more clarity - if only a little. In time those little steps will make a big difference in your experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Questions