God essence of things(objects, people, situations)

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

God essence of things(objects, people, situations)

Postby llcooljbg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:26 pm

In his book, Eckhart Tolle speaks of a God esscence in objects, situations and things, and he explains it with the parable of the prodigal son. I have seen people who are in the now and who see it, and I think its pretty amazing. Every object, whether its the toilet paper, or the trash bin, or the computer, or you name it has a special essence of its own. I noticed that I'm pretty pedantic and tend to look at things from the outside instead of the inside, and I want to fix this. My question is, how can I be so deeply in the now as to see the God essence Eckhart speaks about ? I would appreciate your answers, so feel free to tell me what you think ...
llcooljbg

Re: God essence of things(objects, people, situations)

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:46 pm

It's not so much an intellectual thinking exercise as it is a feeling one. Sit quietly, focus on some object and consider it openly. Try not to name or analyze it but rather feel its presence. See that it is an appearance of uniquely vibrating energy as is everything else. This can take some time to recognize a true feeling relationship with any of life's expressions, but that is why many people meditate for years - to enhance this quality of being.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: God essence of things(objects, people, situations)

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:47 am

My question is, how can I be so deeply in the now as to see the God essence Eckhart speaks about ? I would appreciate your answers, so feel free to tell me what you think ...

I think it's gratitude & generosity in action - love. Appreciation.

I suggested to someone it's like seeing everything anew every time, as if there are no labels to things - as an exercise they enjoyed.....
hold their little finger in their hand and really appreciate it. Appreciate it all on its own, all it's incredible intricacies and individuality, study it as if you've never seen / felt it before and soon you'll realise you've never really seen / appreciated it before - every hair, wrinkle, movement, change of textures, warmth, ... then widen out and see it in conjunction with the rest of the hand, then the hand in conjunction with the arm.... then back to the little finger - how can you not appreciate / love it :D

Try it next with your nose :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Questions