Unmanifested

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Unmanifested

Postby Purple_Haze » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:00 am

Does anyone have a link to a video or know when Eckhart Tolle compared the unmanifested, or emptiness to Now? I know these are only pointers, but they really work for me. :)
Purple_Haze

Re: Unmanifested

Postby dijmart » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:46 am

Awareness is out of time, so you (awareness) are present always, even when thinking of past or future. That's how you know that thinking is happening at all, because you (awareness) are aware of it. You are aware of the preceiver, the preceived and the total perception. Being in the so called " now" just temporarily helps reduce the thought streams from redirection your attention. The problem is we are identified with the apparent person we seem to be, but that's an association, not an identification. We are identified with an apparent person that's constantly changing, but what never changes?...you (awareness) never change, ever.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Purple_Haze » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Thanks dijmart!

I was actually asking if anyone has a video that shows when Eckhart compares the Unmanifested or Emptiness to "the Now." No the current moment but the true depth of Now beyond all form. Hearing him compare these two as pointers would help. Thanks!
Purple_Haze

Postby dijmart » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:36 am

Purple_Haze wrote:Thanks dijmart!

I was actually asking if anyone has a video that shows when Eckhart compares the Unmanifested or Emptiness to "the Now." No the current moment but the true depth of Now beyond all form. Hearing him compare these two as pointers would help. Thanks!

Yes, I know (or thought I knew) what you were asking for...I just didn't have it, so gave you something else..lol. anyways, the true depth of now beyond all form is the same as the unmanifest (I call it awareness), so if it's the same thing how can you compare the two? You cant, their synonymous with each other.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:11 am

I don't have a video, but his discourse about Your Inner Purpose Ch9 in ANE and Portals into the Unmanifested (Ch7 in PON) may assist you to bring the two into one yourself.

Apologies if that's also not what you were looking for :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Questions