The resting method vs the looking method

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

The resting method vs the looking method

Postby bobdylanfan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi guys hope your all well. I wondered if u could share your experience of using the resting method vs the looking method. I have read about this recently in loch Kelly's shift into freedom which is a great book by the way. He describes the resting method as letting everything be as it is, resting as awareenss, relaxing into awareness. He describes the looking method as self inquiry asking who am I? Where is this I ? Etc etc.

I wondered what your experience was of using one or both of these methods if you see any differences, advantages of either one? I guess they are both essentially ways of bringing you back to your true nature

Thanks very much

Love xxx
bobdylanfan

Re: The resting method vs the looking method

Postby Sighclone » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Interesting question. I met Loch at the first SAND conference in 2009, he seemed pleasant but guarded, his video with Adya notwithstanding. There are many forms of meditation, introspection, etc.
Busy minds benefit from both asking/seeking such as "Who am I?" But all minds benefit by stepping down...resting...huge resting...infinite resting. Do what works.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: The resting method vs the looking method

Postby sardinelover » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:57 pm

I am not familiar with the resting method, but the looking method is doomed to fail.

Mind activity is the root cause of problems, therefore mind activity cannot be the solution to problems.
Relax your face
sardinelover

Return to Questions