dissolve pain body and connect to inner body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

dissolve pain body and connect to inner body

Postby rui-costa » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:39 am

Hi all, i read the books of Echkart Tolle about half year ago. And I started to practice feeling my inner body.
I once found that connecting to my inner body is really works. my mind became clear. my fear was gone. i was much more happier. so then I tried to connect with it all the time.

however, sometimes i found it difficult to get into the body, because of my pain body always existed - intense physical pain, tension, contraction around my eyes, nose, throat, heart area. the tension is there all day and make me unable to connect my inner body.

i try to feel the pain, accept them. then i feel better. but the pain body seem never go away. and the tension cause often make me feel fear, nervous easily.
i also try to focus on inner body regardless of the pain, but i feel so uncomfortable.

so, any advice for me to connect with inner body?? thanks so much.
rui-costa

Re: dissolve pain body and connect to inner body

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:52 am

Pain bodies can have remarkable resilience. Trying to get rid of pain can often have the effect of reinforcing it by your very attention to it. I have found that emotional pain, mostly has a component of fear at its base, and in resisting it does more to strengthen it that to alleviate it. A better course for me is to accept it - something on the order of it's okay to be in pain, or it's okay to be afraid. Not just the words of coarse, but the recognition that it's true on a fundamental level.

Experiment with it a little. Most emotional pain is born of fear, or certainly has a strong element of it. Take the perspective that it's okay to feel what you feel - pain, fear, anger, frustration, whatever. Let it be. Be okay with it. It's not who you are after all. It's something you feel, and on some level it's your own creation. It's not right or wrong. It's just the result of a certain type of thinking and believing.

Once your realize that it's okay to feel what you feel, it's easier to move on to something you prefer because you not so trapped by resistance. If it doesn't begin to lessen in intensity in a reasonable period of time, it's likely that it's not yet really okay with you to feel what you feel. Be genuine. Consider this deeply. Feel it out.

Welcome to the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: dissolve pain body and connect to inner body

Postby Fore » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Perhaps you may find it beneficial to explore the breath when it becomes difficult to observe bodily sensations. The breath can be an anchor for awareness and can help to develop sharp penetrative concentration which can aid in exploring the verticle axis.
Fore

Return to Questions