Expressing love with discernment

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Expressing love with discernment

Postby bobdylanfan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:35 am

Hey guys hope your all well. I'm writing to see your advice, there's this girl I work with and I m really physically attracted to her, I think she's an absolute hottie. She also very fiery and impulsive (leo) which is the opposite to me I'm sensible grounded and safe and I think this is one of the reasons I'm attracted to her because she has something I wish I was more of.
Anyway we ve been chatting and hangin out a bit and there's a strong mutual attraction, she is quite neurotic and has a lot of anxiety which is fine and very common in a way. But I guess I'm worried that when I start dating a girls like I really make them feel like an absolute queen, not as a tactic but because I feel like I fall more And more in love with everybody everyday. I think she may get very into me because I will be very into her although I wouldn't really want her as a gf mainly because she has these core issues that a relationship would only temporarily mask.

My question is how can we have a physcial relationship with someone using discernment when you feel so much love and affection for people?

Thanks xx
bobdylanfan

Re: Expressing love with discernment

Postby Fore » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Love is non-judgemental, it doesn't sound like you love this girl but it does sound like you crave for this girls physical attributes. From my experience this type of relationship will be a roller-coaster ride. It will be initially a rush but soon enough you will want to get off.

If this girl is very anxious(vibrating at a lower frequency) then she will seek someone vibrating at a similar frequency. This will hold true for you also if you are vibrating at a higher frequency you will not be attracted to this girl. People are drawn to similarly vibrating individuals.

The physical aspect of the relationship will quickly fade away and then you will still have to work together, this could be problematic.

Why don't you date but wait on the physical aspect of the relationship until you see if you are compatible as friends. This would be far more beneficial to your growth spiritually but is difficult to do as it goes against the current of our habitual pattern of mental reactivity.

Good luck.
Fore

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:00 am

Fore!!! :D :D :D
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby bobdylanfan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Hey Fore thankyou for your insights and FOREsight :) very helpful. I totally agree with you , I realise how exciting and short lived the sexual attraction and frolics would be.
bobdylanfan

Postby Fore » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Darn women and their squishy bits. :wink:
Fore

Return to Questions