Being hyper aware and feeling like I'm going a bit mad

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Being hyper aware and feeling like I'm going a bit mad

Postby bobdylanfan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Hey guys I wanted to ask your opinion about feeling hyper aware. I feel like I'm feeling really sensitive to sounds and big crowds of people and generally just feel like I'm in a bit of a dream. I remember having mild panic attacks for a while and just thinking and worrying about it so much I completely lived in my head and forgot how to act and be myself. I feel a bit like that now and I wonder if it's cause Im thinking about awareenss a lot and I'm much more aware of my thoughts all the time or if it's just a part of the unfolding process of letting to of your identity. I really don't know and I don't really know who to talk to about this, being hyperAware is not enjoyable. This journey is pretty fucking tough at times isn't it. I appreciate any advice and wisdom you can offer or any books, articles or videos you can recommend regarding this period. Thankyou
bobdylanfan

Re: Being hyper aware and feeling like I'm going a bit mad

Postby Rob X » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:58 pm

bobdylanfan wrote:Hey guys I wanted to ask your opinion about feeling hyper aware. I feel like I'm feeling really sensitive to sounds and big crowds of people and generally just feel like I'm in a bit of a dream. I remember having mild panic attacks for a while and just thinking and worrying about it so much I completely lived in my head and forgot how to act and be myself. I feel a bit like that now and I wonder if it's cause Im thinking about awareenss a lot and I'm much more aware of my thoughts all the time or if it's just a part of the unfolding process of letting to of your identity. I really don't know and I don't really know who to talk to about this, being hyperAware is not enjoyable. This journey is pretty fucking tough at times isn't it. I appreciate any advice and wisdom you can offer or any books, articles or videos you can recommend regarding this period. Thankyou

It sounds as if you're overdoing it BDF.

This is not about straining to be aware all the time. My suggestion, for now, would be to set a time in the mornings to meditate for 30 to 45 minutes - by that I mean just be aware of what is, as it is - the breath, sensations in the body, external sounds, thoughts when they arise (which will be much of the time.) Later in the day, if you can, spend some time outdoors - again, just being with what is.

That's it - that's enough. The rest of the time just get on with your life. Eventually the periods of mindfulness will begin to effect the quality of the rest of your day.

Most importantly, just relax - let the cosmos take care of itself. You can't force this stuff.
Rob X

Re: Being hyper aware and feeling like I'm going a bit mad

Postby bobdylanfan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:13 am

Thanks for your advice Rob X, I feel ive got way too absorbed in the whole spiritual side of things, thinking the more time and effort i put into it the quicker i ll feel all the love and peace ive been told about. Like you said i need to really just relax and keep it as simply as that , i was using self inquiry relentlessly instead of letting life naturally unfold in its sweet ass time. Thankyou for this reminder, it shows me that competitiveness is still alive in me :)
bobdylanfan

Return to Questions