managing the pain body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

managing the pain body

Postby wushu » Sun May 01, 2016 11:49 pm

My pain body constantly barrages me with nostalgic thoughts and feelings of deep loss and grief (details too complicated to explain). I try to fixate on what is going on in my physical body which is associated with these thoughts, feelings and flashback images and this has helped in the past, but rather than getting easier, I seem to find it more and more difficult. I am in my sixties and so also have a fear of death and the unresolved issues I have with some “significant other people” in my life. I can’t access these people so easily which makes things complicated. I try to accept my present moment, but my whole body and mind seems to be so misaligned to “what is”. I can’t seem to dissolve this rejection so my life continues to be full of pain. What am I doing wrong?
wushu

Re: managing the pain body

Postby DavidB » Mon May 02, 2016 2:47 am

You're not doing anything wrong. You probably just have a very strong and active pain body, and haven't yet learned the skills adequately enough to deal with it effectively and sustainably.

Making peace with the pain body is a process which can take time and attentiveness. The pain body tends to taper off as we learn to make peace and become more present. If we still see the pain body as an unwelcome annoyance for example, then we are still creating the tension the pain body requires to maintain it's presence. We cannot fight the pain body, this only leads to more suffering.

Lear to love your pain body, and it will transform (slowly) from an enemy into an ally. We can learn a great deal about ourselves from the pain body. This realignment of attitude toward our pain, helps to create a healthier environment for peace and serenity to emerge. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Webwanderer » Mon May 02, 2016 6:32 am

Good advice from DavidB. I would add that pain - emotional pain - is a gift from our Source Being, as is all emotion. What emotion does is tell us something of our alignment with our true nature. When we are in emotional pain, it is an indicator that we are out of sync with our greater beingness. That greater nature is always in joy, in appreciation, in acceptance of who and what we are and all aspects of our life experience. There is no judgment nor condemnation of us or our actions. That greater nature would no more judge us as wrong then we would judge our dream self as somehow evil or wrong. Such a dream was just a context to experience certain energies and thought patterns.

The emotional pain we feel is the difference in the quality of our misplaced thinking of seeing wrongness in ourselves or others, and the natural loving acceptance of our own greater nature. On the other hand, when we feel love and acceptance and appreciation, that is more in alignment with our greater nature so we naturally feel the joyful and loving emotional connection with that higher energy. Fundamentally, the better we feel the more aligned we are. So emotions are gifts of guidance that we can use to consciously move toward that alignment.

There is no right or wrong in the greater sense. There is only our creation of it through the choices and judgments of our own thinking and perception.

The past we have, and the missteps we've made, tend to come back around as we get older. Especially if we are moving toward greater clarity in our conscious being. It may be painful but it is also an opportunity to find a way to feel towards those experiences that more aligns us with that greater nature that is more fully us. The only reason anyone feels emotional pain is because of the way they look at what concerns them. Acceptance, not blame or self condemnation, is the path to freedom. And acceptance comes best from an understanding that human life experience is no more than a dream from the vantage of our own greater beingness. The quality of our emotions, our feeling state, is the litmus test for our ability to accept life experience for what it truly is.

That is not to say that experience isn't real. It's likely the only thing that is real in the human environment. But experience can also be transformed through the meaning we give conditions and events, and choosing a meaning that brings us into closer into alignment with our true nature is transformation in action. Your true nature, the greater beingness that is the origin of your human conscious being, is personally invested in your contributions of life experience. You are It. It is you - uniquely focused in this unique environment for exploration and evolution.

There is nothing you have ever done that is unforgivable. In truth the only forgiveness needed is that you apply from your human identification. From our greater perspective, nothing is ever condemned, so nothing need be forgiven. It is only the self judgment that needs to be addressed and by the same human perspective that made the judgment to begin with. Acceptance. All life experience has value. It all promotes the growth of consciousness in the larger reality. Our human lives are great opportunities. Not to do right or wrong, but to explore experience in all its possibilities. Learn to appreciate, to live in appreciation as much as possible. Appreciation is love in action.

The human experience is about the evolution of our larger consciousness. There is a symbiotic relationship between the human identification and one's greater nature that is intimately vested and genuinely interested in the experiences we have. There is no condemnation of them from our true nature. Appreciate your life. Find your connection through clarity of being. Acceptance of whatever events transpired is key to that clarity. Judging them in terms of right and wrong will only create separation through the discordance of energy vibration. Choose a perspective and meaning that works in your best interest.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby wushu » Mon May 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Thank you both, davidB and Webwanderer so much for taking such care to answer my question. I have had some time to think about what you say.

I do take on board what you say but will have to re-read your answers carefully to help me to digest them. Unfortunately things feel so bad at times, because the pain body is so strong - and has been for nearly twenty years now. Therefore, I have made virtually no progress in this time. Most of the while I spend fighting to keep from weeping, for I have lost so much due to my stupidity. Now I live with so much regret, anxiety, sadness and grief which all bewilder me from the moment I wake up to the time I go to bed. I call it “terror management”. I’ve been to counselors – they all seem to pedal the same old CBT stuff and I’ve seen doctors who prescribe anti depressants - which do help a bit but not much. Of course, I have to hide all these feelings in front of other people and so that I find it all exhausting - I sleep as much as I can – it gives me some escape from the intrusive and unhelpful thoughts that buzz around in my head. Rather unfortunately, most research on thought stopping techniques suggests that they are ineffective. Being able to watch all this mind stuff from some vantage point whereby I do not end up becoming an accomplice would be great. I’ve tried to do this – meditation techniques etc. but have not found them successful. ET says stop creating pain in your life! I ask how.

How do I learn to love my pain body? What concrete steps are there to develop the acceptance of my state in the now? As it is, I don’t know where to begin this dissolution. I try to say to myself that I need to accept my situation but every ounce of my inner self tells me I’m lying to myself – my stomach crawls when I’m in most “present moments” as I try to accept my “situation” and I desperately try to think of strategies to achieve the acceptance. I do try to simply observe what’s going on in my body but I can’t sustain it for long without falling into spiraling negative thinking. What I need now I guess is just some practical, specific step by step things to do like:

1. do this
2. do that
3. try this
4. try that
5. you need to ..
As you’ve guessed, I’m in a fix. When I read the words of ET it all seems possible and straightforward - but in practice, well I find it really difficult.
wushu

Postby Webwanderer » Mon May 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Consider this deeply. The pain you feel is less a matter of what has befallen you in your life, but more a matter of how you currently think about it and what you continue to believe about it. Lots of people have made some serious mistakes in their life, yet the somehow have moved on to find a good measure of happiness and satisfaction in life. Why not you? Recognition and choice.

The good news is if you come to recognize that the pain you feel is not from the past, but from your current infliction of it upon yourself, you can address it in ways beneficial to your ongoing experience. You have to be clear on the source of your pain. If you continue to claim and believe it's from those past missteps, you will not regain your freedom to create new relationships. And by that I mean relationships with your memories and preferences. You decide what matters and in what way. No one else. No past experience controls you unless you make it so.

Watch your thoughts. See how they spin and judge and condemn. Thoughts only have the validity that you give them. You chose this current way of thinking about the past and it continues to drive your pain. You can however, make different choices about past events. A new experience awaits your new thinking. Assign new meanings to past events. Give them a beneficial energy. Life is forever and these circumstances will eventually serve you in a positive and consciousness evolving way. But you don't have to wait till you die to see things in a better light. Start now. It's just a recognition that you are creating your own pain everyday, moment by moment, and then choosing to make these experiences something you learn from. Adopt a larger perspective of life - one of eternal being. Why? Because it's true.

Those conditions you pine for were not going to last forever anyway. But you, as a conscious being, will. A more enjoyable life awaits your moving on to enjoying the many wonderment's of this human experience. Don't waste another moment wishing things were different than they were. It only causes you pain. Things can however be different than they are. You have the power to create a new perspective. It's just a choice.

And forget the painbody. It's just a thought construct. It's not like it's some evil creature following you around. It's simply a construct of beliefs and ideas that you continue to empower through your focus of attention. Don't give it so much thought. It just gives it more power to focus so much upon it. It's not real as some separate thing. It's a reference. For better clarity understand that strong emotions are strong indicators that our thinking is out of alignment with our true nature. Through acceptance and appreciation we can regain that alignment. Feel it out.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue May 03, 2016 4:23 am

Great post WW. It really simplifies something that many therapists over complicate by opening up issues that don't need to be opened up because of their misunderstandings of the law of attraction.

I'd like to add, wushu, of course it's difficult, but that's why practice makes perfect. Have you ever heard of neuroplasticity and brain reprogramming? It's something I disregarded for a long time until very recently. It all ties in with the placebo effect for healing. Here's a link to one:

http://www.dnrsystem.com/

It's pretty much right in line with the practice of changing our thought patterns by learning to think new thoughts that are more aligned with our nature. If it feels good, it is good. Of course, all thoughts are valid. But, when there is a thought that keeps arising in your energy field, it is a result of a vibration you are holding on to that is being triggered by something in your experience. That vibration will continue to get triggered until you pay attention to it and realize that it no longer serves you. Often, you'll notice that it's been resistance which holds those negative thought patterns in place over the years. You see, the law of attraction is consistently operating. You can't escape it. So, the fact that you are thinking negative thoughts is a result of a belief you are holding about something (likely about yourself as I can tell) that is being triggered over and over and over again. It will continue to manifest in various forms. If you look at the array of emotions that arise in your experience, you can tell that different physical experiences will often trigger that same feeling inside. That's a result of a vibration you are holding on to.

I don't believe in suppressing emotions or pushing away bad thoughts. Pushing anything away will just reinforce it.

Instead, when a thought does not make you feel good and there is nothing to accomplish from thinking it, it's not about suppressing the thought and wanting not to have that thought, but instead, embrace it, love it, and THAT is where you need to realize......."this thought pattern no longer serves me and can go......bye bye!" and you then can start to re-train yourself by changing that thought pattern (vibration). The contrast of having a negative emotion/thought/vibration always gives rise to a desire to feel more aligned with your true nature. But, if you're not going to see that and get lost within that thought pattern, then, that particular vibration will continue to arise over and over again in another situation. I'm telling you, this is how it works.

Most of us when we feel emotionally like complete shit and we feel like crying because we are so overwhelmed with life and depression, either get so consumed by the vibration (repeated thought patterns) that we can't see the forest for the trees or we start to feel better and we have no idea why.

Yet, that vibration will STILL manifest again, until we make it conscious and when it arises we can say "I don't need to feel this way any longer". But, what ET and the like don't tell you is that this doesn't happen overnight. This takes practice. Practice does not have to be seen as a chore, but can be a beautiful life changing process. There are countless neural re-wiring programs out there right now, which are working wonders for people. Believe it or not, they are ALL based on the law of attraction. The great thing they do, is to get you to change your thinking patterns. Google Joe Dispenza or Bruce Lipton for more info on this.

Have you noticed that when you are SO consumed with anxiety about a thinking pattern, and you have one positive thought that makes you feel SO good inside, you temporarily forget about what was on your mind and you start to feel really good? And then what happens? That negative thought comes right back and you feel like shit again. The fact that you started to feel good was a result of you aligning with who you truly are. It takes practice, but be loving with yourself and be easy with yourself. There is nothing WRONG with how are you feeling now. This is simply a strong indication that there is great desire within you that is longing to 'come home" to who you truly are.

Remember, that the thinking patterns we have which are based in fear and anxiety and lack and worry and stress are based on a vibration that you are holding on to from many many many years worth of conditioning. This is the subconscious mind or the human animal mind. It's the same patterns that create thoughts that say "I am not enough". This conditioning is not who you are. It's been ingrained as truths to you because of how you interpreted those experiences when you were younger and likely it all started in childhood. But, there's a grander purpose to these traumatic experience that help shape our future desires and you are now awakening to this. I know how tough it is though, while you are experiencing it as it consumes you and brings up a lot of different emotions. But, that's where practice comes in to realizing that thoughts are just thoughts. Conditions do not matter. It's only our interpretations of such.

It's simply a matter of beliefs. Beliefs are thoughts that are thought over and over and over again until they become programmed within your subconscious and you start to see them as truth. But, thoughts are just thoughts. Just like our brains are plastic and can be re-programmed, reality is infinite in what you can possibly imagine and therefore you can ALWAYS change your thought patterns, but it takes practice, no doubt.

Anything that you believe is impossible will only be impossible for as long as you hold on to a thought pattern that says "I can't".

Expressive/body therapy helped me to be free within myself to express myself much more so than I used to be. I still have a lot of patterns of fear of expressing myself and I still hold myself back at times, but the difference now is that I am so much more loving with myself than I used to be. I've taken on a practice of self love too. Sometimes, the right type of therapist (one who works with expression) can be very helpful as a complementary to the above practice. CBT alone (in my opinion) is a waste for most people unless its used in conjunction with the above practices.

Find something in your experience that makes you happy and just keep driving that point home over and over and over again until it becomes the new way of thinking.

PM me if you'd like some more info as I would love to chat more with you. I'm only in my mid 30's, but I completely understand where you are at. Trust me. I'm using brain retraining right now to heal not only emotional issues but, physical ones. You're not alone and who you truly are is so much more beautiful than what you are currently thinking about your life.

Life has no purpose or meaning and is an empty canvas until we give it that meaning. You can choose any meaning you would like.

with love to you
Enlightened2B

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue May 03, 2016 4:41 am

Enlightened2B

Postby wushu » Tue May 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Thank you all so much for your detailed help. I'm touched by the kindness and sincerity of you all and the helpful comments of all of you who have contributed.

OK so now I have drawn from your comments the following:

1. Find something that I enjoy and can immerse myself in so as to use it as a focus to switch to when I get unhelpful thoughts.

The thoughts which arise in me are intrusive and automatic. I have been watching them today. As soon as I have some space from daily tasks at work they start to attack. They make my stomach crawl, I start to feel depressed because they make me feel bad, sad, guilty, full of panic, grief regrets and worthless.

I've managed to stay "distanced" from them because I know you guys would say that's a good thing. I'm very afraid of these spontaneously attacking intrusive thoughts because they can make me feel so utterly uncomfortable and full of panic.

Never the less:

2. I should persist in trying to remain distanced from them and focus on thinking about that something that I can immerse myself in which I enjoy thinking about.
3. Don't fight the unwanted thoughts, rather acknowledge them and say to them that they are no longer useful.... say "goodbye" to them, finally replace them with thoughts that make me feel better, focussing on those thoughts about the area of my life that I feel good about.

Okay I'm going to give this a go if no-one suggests I'm setting about this the wrong way.

How long does it take to change such ingrained habituated thinking? can anyone give me an indication?

Kindest thanks to you all.
wushu

Postby Webwanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 1:04 am

Let's fine tune a bit.

wushu wrote:They make my stomach crawl, I start to feel depressed because they make me feel bad, sad, guilty, full of panic, grief regrets and worthless.

Understand what it is about these thoughts that has this effect on you. It's less a matter of what the events were at the time they occurred, than it is about the meaning you have, and are, applying to them. It may well be unconscious. It probably is. What does it say about you to have done what ever it is that troubles you? More importantly, who is the one actually saying it when the thoughts arise? This is the meaning you are holding. This is the meaning that you have given it. There are other ways to relate to those events. And it is only you who can adopt a greater understanding, a perspective of inclusion that leads to growth.

Consider feeling appreciation for what this is teaching you about how the mind works in justifying behavior at one point and then condemning it at another. This, after all, is what the evolution of consciousness is all about - exploring life and relationships from unique and limiting perspectives, and finding ways to reconcile them in favor of a greater clarity of being.

All this negative feedback that you are experiencing is a prime opportunity for reconciliation. Making yourself wrong and bad and evil or whatever identifier you are using, is not likely to do as much for the evolution of consciousness - both in the greater conscious reality, as well as this human perspective - as recognizing that the stuff of life is there for us as grist for the mill of expansion. Use it.

Put those painful thoughts that arise in the context of learning experiences rather than self judging exercises. Then when ever you have a little relief, a little space to explore, focus on the beauty in life. Appreciate things small and large. Make acceptance and appreciation your default perspective. Don't make a big deal out of arising thoughts. It's okay that they show up for a while. They have energy and momentum. Only by being okay that they arise, and giving them little attention, will the energy supporting them subside. Remember, you are the source of that energy. You can focus it elsewhere. It takes a little practice, but what else have you got to do?

How long does it take to change such ingrained habituated thinking? can anyone give me an indication?

However long it takes to refocus the energy that supports them. Let go of any timetable. If your looking for an endgame you will likely be disappointed as it will become a point of success or failure. It's not that way. Every time you get a little relief, a recognizable change in perspective, life will become a little bit clearer. It's the march toward clarity that will be your reward. There is nothing wrong, in the larger sense, with what you've done in your life. It's the same with all of us. Getting a sense of this larger perspective is where a good deal of clarity is found.

Accept your life - all of it. It will pay dividends in your, and all life's, evolution. Love is the foundation of all life and being. There is nothing you or anyone else need do to earn it. There is nothing you nor any one else can do to lose that love. At most we can deny it in our ignorance. But when clarity ultimately returns, and it will, love will be there. Love is always present. We just need to allow life in to feel its presence. The more we allow, the more we feel the harmony and oneness of life. Love is always inclusive. It is fear and judgment that is exclusive. Love grows in us with our acceptance, our appreciation and our inclusion. Love is in all things - all things, therefore inclusion expands the love we feel. Be okay with your past. The only one that matters in your experience who is judging it is you.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed May 04, 2016 5:30 am

wushu wrote:Thank you all so much for your detailed help. I'm touched by the kindness and sincerity of you all and the helpful comments of all of you who have contributed.

You're very welcome my friend. I felt your emotional intensity through your message and could automatically relate to it from my own experiences.

Just to clarify a point so you don't mis-interpret the direction of my suggestion as you asked how long it will take and I don't want to get you thinking that this is some long term chore to "better yourself" that eventually you will get to. It's not. Life is only NOW. If there is one thing to take from Eckhart Tolle's teachings is that there is always something to embrace and appreciate about the present moment especially our flaws, because any time you notice the thought "I want to see long term results", you are already making it into a chore or a means to an end and projecting into an imaginary future.

The negative emotions you are experiencing are simply a beautiful reminder that you are alive, that you are an experiencing being, and that you can gently, and lovingly embrace those emotions as beautiful gifts of the human experience. Contrast can be seen as a beautiful reminder of why you are here. You already are this beautiful perfect being of light that chose to come here to explore this earth of contrast simply for the Joy of it.

Just think....without feeling negative emotions, you would never have developed this desire to explore spirituality in a way where you know deep in your heart (the entire premise of your message) that you want so badly to NOT feel those negative emotions. But, to word it in a less resistant way and a more loving way, you simply want to feel GOOD. So, yes, changing any kind of habit takes practice and does not happen over night, and "thinking feel good thoughts" does indeed take practice to be able to regularly experience this on a regular basis and if you want to change your neural pathways especially. But, please don't view this as hard long, uphill battle you have to climb. It's not at all, as it all happens NOW, and don't let any spiritual teaching convince you otherwise that you have to climb some ladder to get to a 'better place". You can do that NOW in every experience you have by choosing.

This is from a woman who had a life altering near death experience. I posted this recently in another thread, but want to share it here with you as well.

Recently, I was asked to contribute a short piece on my take on the meaning of life. I wanted to share it here, with all of you as well. So, are you ready for the super serious answer to this all important question? Here we go:

The meaning of life? In other words, "Why are we here"? To eat chocolate, of course! Why else?

I know you think I'm kidding, but I'm actually not. Well…..ok, we're also here to watch glorious sunsets, to make love with our beloved, to laugh heartily, to love fearlessly, to live life fully and with abandon, and to do all the things that bring us joy.

So if it's really that simple, then why are so many of us living joyless lives? I believe it's because we make it more complicated than it needs to be. Most of us, myself included, have at one time or another, bought into beliefs that tell us we need to do more, be more, work harder, be better. We buy into the fear that we're not good enough the way we are and we need to do whatever it takes to get ahead of everyone else because there isn't enough to go around. So we get on this treadmill, constantly trying to get ahead of the person in front of us. Except the person in front of us is doing exactly the same thing, trying to get ahead of the person in front of them!

Ironically, many of us are like that even in our spiritual practices, believing that spirituality needs to be pursued, and we need to work at it harder, meditate longer, or read more, to be more spiritual than the next person! Like there isn't enough spirituality to go around! LOL!

That kind of spiritual belief is driven by fear, not love. Fear of not being spiritual enough, as opposed to a knowing that we already are spiritual beings, whether we realize it or not, and that we already are everything we are trying to attain.

It wasn't until I died that I understood this. I was suffering from what should have been the final stages of lymphatic cancer, when my organs shut down and I went into a coma. I was at death's door, and the doctors told my family that I wasn't coming back. However, while in the coma, I experienced what I would call an "awakening" - also called a "near death experience". During this state, I realized that I had my priorities wrong and had spent a lifetime trying to be something that I'm not.

Death made me reevaluate what is actually important in life. When we don't realize this—that death is the ultimate leveler—our priorities are very different. But once we have a glimpse of it and actually experience it and bring that feeling back with us, we realize: Wow! All these things that I thought mattered actually have no significance on the other side! It rearranges all our priorities in life—how we live, how we deal with our emotions, everything.

Having already faced death, I now know that spending a lifetime of always playing it safe, for example, by choosing the safest career, by pleasing people, worrying about what everyone else thinks of me, meeting everyone else's expectations except my own, being what everyone else wanted me to be, etc. felt like a totally wasted life. I feel so blessed to have been given a second chance, because most people don't get to come back when they learn that lesson. This time, I plan to pursue my dreams, love more, laugh more, not take life so seriously, and live fearlessly.

Our life is our prayer. It's our gift to the universe. We owe to ourselves and everyone around us to be happy and spread that joy around.

Chocolates, anyone?"

~Anita Moorjani
Enlightened2B

Postby wushu » Wed May 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks so much WW and Enlightened to2b . Once again your comments and suggestions are so kind. Thank you also Enlightened to2b for the quote you put on. This however did worry me a bit. Maybe I need to be a bit more specific about what haunts me. Is this forum secure enough to be able to discuss these problems and retain anonymity?
wushu

Postby Webwanderer » Wed May 04, 2016 1:59 pm

wushu wrote:Is this forum secure enough to be able to discuss these problems and retain anonymity?

Haven't seen any complaints on security.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby wushu » Fri May 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Ok I'll give some detail. I left a nearly 30 year old relationship(my fault) and have been in another for nearly 20 yrs. Although I love my new partner very much and we have a good relationship, I still miss my ex. There are so many memories and experiences that haunt me from this big chunk of my history and it makes me sad when I think about them. This colors my perspective making everything tinged with a feeling of loss.

How can I find happiness - how can I find acceptance of the situation I live with. I still see my ex partner from time to time and am in regular contact with my now (grown up) children but I know that I'll probably die without ever spending a family day together again and I'll not grow old with him either.

Some might say that I made my choices, and now I have to live with them. However, I had no guide book to help me navigate life and I've learned that that relationships are very complex too. In the end, we are all frail human beings and we all fumble along through this life. Maybe I made choices which were not in my best interest. I don't know but I do know that I need help to accept my situation and stop constantly ruminating about my life's story.
wushu

Postby Webwanderer » Sat May 07, 2016 3:40 am

It's obvious you have a lot of energy in this. My sense is that you are not only not accepting what you see as a loss, but also resisting the pain that goes with it. Consider this. Start to be okay with the pain. Don't fight it, just recognize it and be okay with it. It's your own creation. It's the same with all of us. I have found that when I decided to be okay with what happens, what is, including the pain, it took the edge off of it. I began spinning it in my head less and found a measure of peace much sooner. It was after all, okay. It's an effective beginning towards dealing with the whole issue. Be okay with the pain and you will likely notice a real change in your experience toward the better.

Some might say that I made my choices, and now I have to live with them.

Well, you are living with them. Just not particularly well. I suggest that you appreciate you life as it is now. You say you have regular contact. Enjoy it. You have an existing partner that you love, appreciate that relationship in every opportunity you can. There is no need nor point in comparing. Each of your relationships is unique and valuable. Enjoy the uniqueness. Enjoy your time with all, without spinning what might have been.

The main point is choosing to enjoy this moment - whatever it holds. This moment is all that matters. It's always this moment so it's always available to consider. If you are feeling pain, consider it a message, a gift really, telling you that your perception and thinking are out of alignment with the way you, in your greater being, perceives the issue. Feeling more joyful and appreciative is an indication you are closer to a greater truth. Love yourself in this matter as you would love your children and everyone else. You deserve to be happy. You can be happy.

You are loved regardless of how you are feeling. You are loved so completely that you are free to perceive conditions however you choose. You can create whatever meanings you wish and experience how they feel. Life is ever evolving more expansive consciousness. This is part of how it unfolds. Whether it's clear yet or not, you are doing your part and are loved for it.

Consider this truth also. Everyone you love will be with you always. The time will come when you remember this directly. Live as best you can now in this greater understanding. This human life is just a short sojourn into a unique adventure. There is much to be gained by the trials we go through. Give this your best.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby wushu » Sat May 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Thank you WW for your so helpful replies. They have been so good for me. I will re - read them from time to time - they give me a lift and then I can go on.

You obviously subscribe to some form of reincarnation. I've never heard ET explain what he thinks about what happens at death. Can you explain your position on this?
wushu

Next

Return to Questions