managing the pain body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Re: managing the pain body

Postby Webwanderer » Thu May 12, 2016 6:53 pm

(Apologies for the delayed response. Went out of town for a few days.)

wushu wrote:You obviously subscribe to some form of reincarnation. I've never heard ET explain what he thinks about what happens at death. Can you explain your position on this?

Yes, I do see a type of reincarnation. But it's not so much the human identity or perspective that reincarnates, rather it is the Soul, or our Greater Being, that is the origin of human consciousness, that probes and explores this human realm of being through individualized extensions.

It's kind of like how an actor might play one part in one movie and an entirely different role in another. It's not the character that is playing new parts (although in human terms characters are sometimes carried over into new stories), it is the actor playing new roles. The human character does not reincarnate in my view, it is the greater conscious being that is exploring new possibilities through the ongoing process of incarnation as it sees fit. There may even be simultaneous incarnations as we count time.

That said, it's not suggesting that you, or I, or whomever, ceases to exist upon death. The consciousness, the aware beingness that we recognize as self, is the Souls' own self expression in the human experience and simply wakes up to its own greater reality. It's not unlike, although a far greater awakening, than waking from a dream in which we perceived ourselves as a character in a genuine reality. How easily we abandoned identification with the dream character in favor of clearly more familiar reality. Yet we still may retain the experience of the dreamscape.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby wushu » Sun May 15, 2016 12:05 am

Hi WW
Yes this is how my intuition works on this respect. I do hope that we are in a kind of shared dream and that our inner conscious being is playing a part. i.e. that we are a kind of actor in the play of life. I hope too that we do awaken and then, perhaps even choose our next part in order to learn some kind of lesson. This means that there would have to be a kind of memory that goes above dementia etc. I wish we had some clues as to whether this was right or not. My Father died recently and it was not a nice end for him. I hope he has the chance to play another role that does not include dementia. It's such a desolate end.
wushu

Postby Webwanderer » Sun May 15, 2016 11:54 pm

I'm not too big a fan of hoping things are a certain way. Hoping things turn out well or better or for the best seems a good thing so long as one doesn't lean too heavily on specifics. My guess is life eternal is far better than I can imagine from this human perspective. Hoping seems prone to limitation or even disappointment if emotionally invested in a given outcome. I like the feel of trusting that Life is looking out for my best interests in the greater reality.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue May 17, 2016 6:11 pm

In line with this, today's Eckhart Tolle Present moment reminder:

"Faith is trust. Faith is a deep sense of connectedness with Being"
Enlightened2B

Postby wushu » Tue May 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Webwanderer wrote:I'm not too big a fan of hoping things are a certain way. Hoping things turn out well or better or for the best seems a good thing so long as one doesn't lean too heavily on specifics. My guess is life eternal is far better than I can imagine from this human perspective. Hoping seems prone to limitation or even disappointment if emotionally invested in a given outcome. I like the feel of trusting that Life is looking out for my best interests in the greater reality.

WW

But this trusting can seem so difficult when faced with things like Auschwitz. The prisoners must have felt abandoned by everything. How do you reconcile things here? I don't know what ET says about it all either - I can't find a reference. This is something that interests me.
wushu

Postby Webwanderer » Tue May 17, 2016 8:07 pm

wushu wrote:But this trusting can seem so difficult when faced with things like Auschwitz. The prisoners must have felt abandoned by everything. How do you reconcile things here? I don't know what ET says about it all either - I can't find a reference. This is something that interests me.

It's reconciled by taking a larger perspective. Everyone who died in concentration camps, or for any other reason, is in essence an eternal being (or more accurately an extension of one). And while the difficulties and deaths some face seems incredibly challenging, all inevitably survived as a conscious being in their natural state, their greater reality. All remained self aware albeit in a much larger context.

Trust is in the understanding that all experience has a larger purpose in the evolution of consciousness and the expansion of being. How this plays out, and the value gained, in the larger reality I can't say for certain. It is after all, mostly beyond the human perspective. I can see however, how my own experience has developed a greater sense of being even within this physical context. I'm much more able to see context in life experiences than I was earlier in my life. Most all of us have had some experiential expansion of consciousness recognizable while in this life form.

It would seem to follow that there are ever greater realizations from within the larger reality. Certainly the accounts of those who have gained a measure of experience of the larger reality through NDE's and OBE's support the idea of ever expanding consciousness and being.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby wushu » Wed May 18, 2016 1:42 am

Hi WW

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint. A very deep one, but it really helped me.
wushu

Previous

Return to Questions