Whats your take on chakra work?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Whats your take on chakra work?

Postby bobdylanfan » Wed May 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Hey guys hope your well. After a period of feeling very spacey, disconnected and struggling to relate with people due to getting a bit obsessed with awareness i stumbled upon grounding exercises on youtube relating to the root chakra and found them quite useful in making me feel more comfortable in myself . I wondered what your opinion was on the relevance of chakra work within the non duality/spiritual journey?

Thanks
bobdylanfan

Re: Whats your take on chakra work?

Postby Sighclone » Wed May 11, 2016 5:11 pm

My experience is mixed. I have a fine Reiki master now who is skilled at "balancing" energies among the chakras. But others were not so effective.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby bobdylanfan » Tue May 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanks for sharing Sighclone, it interesting up to now ive always thought it was solely about recognising yourself as presence and that would solve all your problems, however it seems that connecting to the divine is mainly associated with your crown chakra and perhaps other chakras need some energy work aswell. I understand that everything consists of this presence including us and our chakras but its just another interesting angle i guess :)
bobdylanfan

Postby Sighclone » Thu May 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Yup and yup. Adyashanti had there awakenings: head, heart and gut. Francis Bennett reminds us that even psychological disorders like depression or bipolar conditions can continue after an awakening experience. Tolle talks about Inner body awareness... You might enjoy John Prendergast's new book "In Touch."

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Questions