Really understanding 'letting everything be as it is'

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Really understanding 'letting everything be as it is'

Postby bobdylanfan » Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Hey guys i wanted to share with you something and see what you think.

I have been resting as awareness for a couple of years now and have noticed something recently, social anxiety has completely gone through the roof over the last few weeks and the process up to now has been as follows:

I would notice the anxiety, feel the uncomfortable energy, start to worry and then remember to relax and the uncomfortable energy disappears, which is great but i seen that because there is a few seconds of noticing the anxiety and starting to worry that was enough to build up a pattern of reactive fear every time social anxiety came up.

It got so intense that i tried just letting it be there without doing anything and it then dissapeared. I guess its because im then telling myself thats it ok to feel that intense anxiety and to let it stick around. Its almost like a big monster trying to break down my front door and if i resist him in any way he smashes the door down but if i invite him in, he doesnt want to step over the threshold and actually leaves. Its pretty amazing. Id love to hear anything you might like to add to this.

Thankyou
bobdylanfan

Return to Questions