This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Post by susanpeabody » Tue May 24, 2016 6:26 pm

I have a question. When you are watching television or reading a book and are really focusing, is that living in the now. It is really hard for me. I am really right/brain left brain. It runs in the family. It is getting so bad that I have to keep re-winding the television shows I tape because every ten minutes I start planning something in my head and forget to put the show on hold. But I am not giving up. I want to smell the roses as we say in AA. :)
There is always a brighter tomorrow.

Re: Focusing

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri May 27, 2016 12:40 am

Well life is always Now, but what "living in the now" really means is that you are aware that you are aware. So, a nice practice is when you are watching TV and constantly notice that your mind wanders, lovingly and I mean lovingly, embrace that and simply bring your attention back to what you were doing. Do this constantly. It's a wonderful way to stay out of those negative thinking patterns.

Re: Focusing

Post by Mansongpong » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 am

I have read all about it. I am sure this is for the good and benefit the most.