Focusing

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Focusing

Postby susanpeabody » Tue May 24, 2016 6:26 pm

I have a question. When you are watching television or reading a book and are really focusing, is that living in the now. It is really hard for me. I am really right/brain left brain. It runs in the family. It is getting so bad that I have to keep re-winding the television shows I tape because every ten minutes I start planning something in my head and forget to put the show on hold. But I am not giving up. I want to smell the roses as we say in AA. :)
There is always a brighter tomorrow.
susanpeabody

Re: Focusing

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri May 27, 2016 12:40 am

Well life is always Now, but what "living in the now" really means is that you are aware that you are aware. So, a nice practice is when you are watching TV and constantly notice that your mind wanders, lovingly and I mean lovingly, embrace that and simply bring your attention back to what you were doing. Do this constantly. It's a wonderful way to stay out of those negative thinking patterns.
Enlightened2B

Re: Focusing

Postby Mansongpong » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 am

I have read all about it. I am sure this is for the good and benefit the most.
Mansongpong

Return to Questions